Thursday, May 21, 2015

Melted - Dessa's Homespun Scents / Salted Caramel

Salted Caramel - 'Buttery caramel blended with brown sugar, rich vanilla and sprinkled with a dash of sea salt. A B&BW type duplication.'

I was so excited to finally melt one of my tarts from Dessa's Homespun Scents because I was just dying to know if they'd be strong.   I decided to start with this freebie I got in my recent order.  Everyone is probably familiar with this scent by now.  It is, well, a salty caramel scent.  I'm not sure how true it is to the B&BW original, but I found this to be heavy on the salty side.  I would have liked more of a sweet, creamy caramel.  That strong salty note almost reminded me of that bitter note you get in coffee scents.  Even so, it was a nice enough scent to melt through once.

And it was strong!  I was so happy about that part of it!  I melted this .9 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had awesomely wonderful strong scent throughout the house.  I could even smell it upstairs.  I prefer my tarts strong, but I was super excited about this because I've already been wanting to order from Dessa's again but waiting until I could see how my first order performs.  Now, I do realize that maybe this scent in particular is just naturally strong.  I will melt a few different scents and see how those do before I decide whether or not to order again.

I'm happy so far though!

4 comments:

  1. Great news!!!! I am looking to place some orders with new to me vendors in fall and I think this will be one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect this might just be a really strong scent. I could still smell hints of it even after melting another tart, and even the next morning. That's the kind of tart I like!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Excellent to hear this was strong!! Maybe another small order is in, well, order, if you enjoy everything? ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a hard time not ordering again. I need to get going on these so I know if I'm satisfied enough to start getting all those yummy fall scents she's been showcasing.

      ~Deb

      Delete