Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Melted - Dessa's Homespun Scents / Southern Home

Southern Home - 'Peaches and apple slices baked in a buttery crust and drizzled with sweet caramel. A Homespun Original House Blend.'

After some concerns with previous Dessa's bakery scents, this one turned out to be quite a nice change of pace.  It was still a warm type scent, but it was gentle fruits.  The peach came through a little stronger than the apple.  Although I didn't get any distinct 'buttery crust' note, there is a cozy warmth wrapping around the fruit notes.

I cut this 1.7 oz. tart in half and had two tea light warmers going in adjacent rooms, and had medium scent.

2 comments:

  1. The peach was stronger than the apple!? WHAT! That's insane, usually apple overpowers everything in anything, ha! I had a mild obsession with this scent a while back before I realized it was the peach I didn't care for. Was the warmth a spicy warmth at all? This does sound like a nice change of pace!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the warmth was spicy. I'd say it was more like warm syrup. And with that mention of caramel drizzle, that's probably what it's coming from.

      ~Deb

      Delete