Monday, May 25, 2015

Melted - Dessa's Homespun Scents / Butterscotch Brickle

Butterscotch Brickle - 'A thick, rich, gooey butterscotch generously poured over a buttery cookie bottom and baked in a cast iron skillet.'

There must be something in 'brickle' that I don't like because this very much reminded me of another vendor's brickle scent that I did not like.  On cold sniff, I thought this one was going to be okay.  Once it was warmed though, that sort of bitter or scorched note that I didn't like in the other vendor's version also came out in this one.  It wasn't enough to kill the scent for me but every time I walked into the room while the warmer was on, my first thought was 'Oh I let it go too long and now it's scorched.'  That's kind of a dumb thought because I don't think I've ever had a tart get scorched from melting too long . . . lol . . . but still, that's what that one note reminds me of.

I melted this 1.7 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had medium-strong scent in that room.  This one didn't seem to throw as far as my previous Dessa's tarts have.  That's okay this time because I wasn't overly fond of this scent.

2 comments:

  1. Pooh. I know you were looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was. =(
      And you'll see in the upcoming maple scented one that a concern has developed . . .

      ~Deb

      Delete