Thursday, May 7, 2015

Order of the Odor - Vol. 9


Welcome to the Order of the Odor! We all hope your May is warm and full of sunshine and flower scented breezes. Please join us in our question of the month and answer in the comments!

Do you scent your home with methods other than wax?
Melting tarts is my main method, but we do have a few other things in the house.  Hubby likes to burn candles, but we seem to do that more in fall and winter.  I keep a can of spray air freshener in the bathroom.  I sometimes have a couple of those cone shaped solid fresheners in spots like our back entry room or my son's bedroom, and I recently started using one in our bedroom just to see how I like it.  I tried a reed diffuser a few years ago and did not like it at all.  So, yeah, it is mainly melting wax tarts for me.
------------------------------

Deb takes us back to when she shopped Etsy to fill her tart cravings. She posted about two cute vendors that may get your Etsy antenna back on and quivering for some cute hidden gems. There is also a fun blurb about some handmade soap... mmmmm... smelly things.....

Sunnee has sung praises for her beau Beezy's Strip 'N Go Naked before but now there is a new scent on the block that she is loving. Come see what delicious hot new aroma has Sunnee itching to order more of in the very near future.

Starburst, Skittles and vanilla marshmallows? Strong throw, TAT like a bolt of lightening, and a company that is almost always open? You need to see what Lolo has been melting recently so you can get in on a piece of this yummy scent. 

Vintage Chic Scents has been cornering the wax market on awesome samplers as of late. Julie hauled one this past month that had her sniffing in bliss. It contained some old faves and new finds. Find out which sampler she nabbed. 
------------------------------

 "A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won't be too bad."
- Robert Wagner
Goodbye, Fannie.

8 comments:

  1. I see we both poo poo reed things. I was wondering if it was just me. Sweet Fannie. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had much interest in the reed diffusers and probably would have never tried them if not for that gift. Maybe it was a cheap one with sucky performance that has forever tainted my opinion of them . . . but I still have no interest.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. A friend of mine is very into the reed diffusers and she has some that smell great, but I think they'd just get dusty and gross at my house, or the cat would knock them over.

    Cute pics of sweet Fannie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm pretty sure my cats (Minion!) would knock them over too.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Deb, thank you so very much for posting the pictures of Fannie and for the sweet card that you sent. You are a wonderful, thoughtful friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I hope your days are getting easier. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. How do those cone shaped solid fresheners work?? Have always been curious about those. I think reeds might just be a pain in the butt to deal with!

    Sweet Fannie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just twist open the top part for however strong you want the scent, and let it sit. Some are really strong and you can smell them quite far, but I find most of them to be fine for smaller areas. They last a few weeks, depending how far you open them and how much air flow activity is around it to suck the scent out.

      They're so cheap, you should just get one to try it.

      ~Deb

      Delete