Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Book Haul

You know I recently . . . finally! . . . read the first Percy Jackson series.  I really enjoyed it!  My father-in-law had given us the first book of the next Percy-related series, so I dove right into that and as soon as I was sure I'd enjoy that too, I was off to Amazon to find the rest of the series.

Since we already have the first book, The Lost Hero, I obviously didn't order it.  I did get books 2, 3, and 4 though . . . The Son of Neptune, The Mark of Athena, and The House of Hades.  I did not get the the 5th and final book in this series (The Blood of Olympus) because it is still quite new and in hardcover.  I'll wait for the paperback version so it matches the rest.  I'll probably have to borrow it from someone just to read it before then though.  These books are FAT!  Holy moly, for supposedly middle grade books, they rival Game of Thrones in bulk.  LOL

Because I've been enjoying Rick Riordan's books without any major grips yet, I went ahead and ordered his other series, the Kane Chronicles.  This is about the Egyptian gods, where the Percy Jackson books are about the Greek and Roman gods.  This series includes The Red Pyramid, The Throne of Fire, and The Serpent's Shadow.  I know nothing else about these books at this point.

While I was shopping for the Rick Riordan books, Amazon conveniently pointed out that the third and final book of another series I've been reading had come out recently.  Well heck yeah, Amazon!  Throw that sucker into my cart too!  This is Thor's Revenge, finale of The Blackwell Pages trilogy.  This is another middle grade series, about Norse gods this time.

AND . . . I found out that Rick Riordan has a new series starting this fall.  It will be about the Norse gods!!!  I am sooooo freakin' excited to get into that!

So yeah, I have to get busy reading and get through these!

What are you currently reading?
Is there anything you're anxious to read?

2 comments:

  1. I am anxious to read all of these! What a massively outstanding book haul!!!! I have major book envy right now. I am reading nothing. I think I will pick up my Hero of Olympus book tonight. This post has pushed me over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you start reading it last night???? I told hubby you were going to fly by me and finish first, even though I've been reading for how long and am halfway through. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete