Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Hardly Worth It Dollar Tree Haul

My mom wanted to stop at Dollar Tree yesterday when I took her grocery shopping.  Who am I to deny a stop at Dollar Tree?!  I was good though, since I'm not buying stickers and things for card making anymore, and because I don't see myself getting into the pocket letter craze.  Still, there were a couple things I needed.

Absolutely had to get more of the Russell Stover candies.  I didn't see the coconut ones this time.  I bought two bags each of the caramel and mint ones though.  Hubby loves the caramel ones and the mints are for me.

I never realized until now that it's impossible to find bags of 'everyday' colored gift bows.  You know how you can find Christmas ones by the bagful for dirt cheap during the holidays?  All I can find for non-Christmas are singles or small multi-packs.  What the heck?  I guess at Christmas I'll have to pay attention and stock up on bags of the most neutral colors I can find.

With all those stickers I'd bought in my card making frenzy, you'd think I'd have had some birthday type ones.  Nope.  Even in the ones I divided up and sent to new homes, I don't think there were birthday ones in there.  I've sent several birthday cards recently and had no birthday stickers to adorn the envelopes with, so I was on a mission in that sticker aisle yesterday.  And I came up with these.  How cute!

Look what else I finally found!  Remember a while ago I posted about these owl stickers that I'd seen others getting, but my store is apparently slow?  I finally found them!  It's mainly the fall colored ones on the left that I'd wanted, but the whole sheet is fun.  I've been getting into owls and foxes lately.

Not a very exciting haul, I know.  Also, I took these pics with my phone instead of my regular camera, and I don't know how I feel about them.  My camera is old and falling apart.  It's 7.2 megapixels whereas my phone's camera is something like 16 megapixels.  The phone's camera doesn't have all the features like macro though, at least not that I know how to use.  These pics are also a lot more rectangular than my regular camera.  Hmm.  What do you think?

Have you found anything fun lately?
And where can I find bags of non-Christmas bows?!

4 comments:

  1. Nice lil haul! Those Russell Stovers must be good! I picked up a few Scotch Expressions washi tapes last time I went and got the puzzles. The days after Christmas I get neutral wrapping paper and bows. Usually blues and aqua and lime green and pink/purples. So I can have birthday wrapping paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a problem with the wrapping paper, just the bows. I'm going to keep a closer on things now. Good think Christmas things will be showing up in stores soon. Doh!

      The Russell Stover candies are so yummy. My mint ones are long gone but hubby is doing good, rationing his caramel ones to one a day. I need to go get more, more, more.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I love even these little hauls! Very cute stickers. Isn't it annoying how difficult it is to find bows or ribbons and tissue papers of certain colors and non-Christmas items in the "off" season?? Those bows are adorable and a sweet little size! Mmmmmmmmmmmm, Russell Stover candies....yummmm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can find tons of bows, just not cheap bags of bows. Like, I can find tons of the single ones, or those curly ribbon type ones. Just not the bags of them like you can find at Christmas.

      I'm becoming quite a fan of Russell Stover candies. Have you ever looked at their website. Mmmmm.

      ~Deb

      Delete