Monday, June 22, 2015

Melted - Dessa's Homespun Scents / Orange Kissed Cupcake

Orange Kissed Cupcake - 'Fresh baked warm vanilla cupcake layered with orange cream filling and topped with sweet cream frosting. A Homespun Original House Blend.'
I did not like this one at all.  Seriously, I had to shut the warmer off after only about 20 minutes.  Remember in my haul post cold sniff thoughts I'd mentioned there seemed to be a zucchini note?  Yeah, that's what I couldn't get past.  You'd think this would be a nice, sweet, fluffy bakery scent.  It's not.  For some reason it's very heavy and rich and . . . has that weird zucchini note.  Since this is a Dessa's original blend, I wonder if she added a pinch of zucchini bread to be creative or beef up the bakery note?  I don't even remember how the orange note was because I was so put off by that zuc-like note.
I melted this 1.4 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer.  The scent was strong but like I said, I had to shut it off after about 20 minutes because it just wasn't for me.

2 comments:

  1. ICK. What a way to ruin a perfectly good scent. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's so odd that it would be like that! I kinda want to ask her if there IS a touch of zucchini in there. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete