Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Melted - Shayz Scentz / Caramelized Melons

Caramelized Melons - 'Shayz blend of caramel and juicy watermelon.'
 
 I was soooo curious about this one.  I'd seen it mentioned somewhere and knew I had to try it.  Caramel and watermelon???  My cold sniff notes said it was about equal on the salty caramel and the sweet watermelon.  Warmed, it was still that way.  One minute I'd think the watermelon was the clear note, couple minutes later I'd be thinking the caramel was stronger.  In the end I think the juicy watermelon was indeed a bit stronger.  The caramel sort of enhanced it, oddly enough, and somehow added a bit of depth.  This was very nice, and worth looking for or custom blending at other favored vendors.

I melted this 1.3 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had lovely strong scent with great throw.

4 comments:

  1. I have been looking forward to this one! Glad it turned out cool! RG blending???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone besides me needs to try it. Are you going to try a RG blending experiment, or are you telling me to? =P

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Nice to hear the caramel enhanced the watermelon!! Again, I agree with J, RG blending?! MUFFIN CLUB??!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily the next opportunity for Muffin Club is at least three years away. *snort* I'm quite content with having skipped it this last time. I still have a ton of muffins waiting here, in fall and winter scents!

      This was good though. You should try it if you get a chance.

      ~Deb

      Delete