Thursday, July 30, 2015

719 Walnut Ave. Candles - 2015 Fall Scents

719 Walnut Avenue candles do not get enough credit because they are found at Walmart.  That's fine.  It gives me something unique to blog about and I know there be will plenty of these candles left for me.  I admit I was leery about them for a long time, until I saw one YouTuber do several reviews and she had consistent good things to say about the brand.  Last fall I finally tried one (Pumpkin Waffles scent) and was so impressed that we went through two of those, and I bought an extra one to hold on to for this year.  Well, several days ago I noticed they have the new fall scents out, and while I dashed into the store today for something totally unrelated I decided to go ahead and get the set.

Caramel Apples - 'A perfect combination of crisp apples enrobed in rich caramel.'
Mmmm, this is a yummy caramel apple scent.  It's slightly stronger on the caramel, but the apple note is still there.  The caramel is rich, with a hint of saltiness.  The apples are sweet and juicy.

Cinnamon Apple Cider - 'An inviting fusion of warm, crisp apple and sweet cinnamon.'
Cider scents are not big on my list of fall favorites but I always seem to still have some each fall.  This is a nice one, very warm and deep.  It's a really nice spiced apple scent but that spice is not sharp or harsh.  It brings the warmth to the scent.  And that tell-tale cider note is there, softly simmering the apple notes.  Very nice and cozy.

Caramel Cinnamon Roll - 'Treat yourself to this sweet blend of spicy cinnamon, rich caramel, and creamy vanilla.'
This could be a year round bakery scent but it does work for fall because of the cinnamon and caramel working together.  You kinda just think of all the fall goodies like caramel apples and spiced things.  The caramel is probably the strongest note.  Once again, that cinnamon is not harsh, but instead is lending a warmth to the scent.  The vanilla adds a creaminess which makes the caramel that much sweeter.  This is a yummy, warm weather bakery scent.

Classic Flannel - 'A clean citrus and juniper blend, enriched with patchouli, sandalwood, and amber.'
This is not the type of scent I would normally buy.  I mean, look . . . patchouli, sandalwood, and amber are three scents I don't care for and here they all are together in one blend.  I got it though, sort of for blogging purposes, but also because hubby might like something like this as a break from all the apple and pumpkin and cranberry scents I'll be overloading him with during the fall season.  I don't hate this scent, but nothing about is fall-like to me either.  It doesn't even really strike me as a linen or laundry type scent, like I would think flannel would be.  What I get from this is something sort of outdoorsy, almost manly.

These 719 Walnut Avenue candles 14 oz, 3-wicks, and cost $4.93 at Walmart.  I will be keeping my eye on these to see if there is any kind of pumpkin scent this year.  If not, bummer, but I still have one saved from last year.

Have you tried 719 Walnut Avenue candles?
Are there any in this fall line that look interesting to you?


31 comments:

  1. These sound quite promising and are priced awesomely! The Flannel one needs to come home with me. Rooting for a pumpkin one right along with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I saw the notes in the Flannel one. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I've always headed straight to the BHG cubes at Walmart and never noticed these. But with these kind of scents I'm definitely trying at least one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Remember though, these are not by the regular wax cubes and candles. These are over in the cleaning supplies aisle, by the Glade and Febreze things.

      I also saw on Instagram that there are two more scents: Pumpkin Waffles, and something like Spiced Pumpkin Latte. I did not see those at my store.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. YES!!!! I can't wait for my Wal-Mart to set these out! Thanks for listing the notes of the candles, that takes time!

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to see them as early as I did. These were the only four I saw at my store, but I've seen on Instagram that Pumpkin Waffles, and Spiced Pumpkin Latte are available too.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. So happy to see you've discovered these attractive, reasonably priced candles. I've been a fan since last winter and I can confidently say that 719 Walnut candles have a consistent medium throw, perfect for a mid-size room. Like yourself, I assumed the Flannel candle would be a laundry/fresh fragrance rather than a cologne-type scent. Regardless, I like it! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last fall was when I finally took a chance and first bought one of this brand. I was pleasantly surprised at the results! I can't wait to start burning these for this fall. I'll wait till closer to the end of the month though. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Both Spiced Pumpkin Latte and Pumpkin Waffles were available last year. SPL had an odd spice note and very little pumpkin fragrance whereas the PW was terrific. I think I went through four PWs last winter and loved 'em all. These candles are particularly recommended for those who are seeking a reasonably priced alternative to BBW and the mall experience. Walnut candles are ALWAYS priced under $5, are readily available with no constantly rotating price structure AND no coupons needed. So there!

      Delete
    3. Agreed. And it's a shame so many people shun them just because they're at Walmart.

      I *loved* Pumpkin Waffles. I went through two last year and bought and extra to have for this year.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. I will have to see if our Walmarts here in Washington have these. Thanks for the tip Deb! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do and I hope you try them! I saw three more scents the other day and now have to decide if I want to buy them all. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  6. I am super pumped about this! We try to stick to our budget as best as possible, so when I see this......I'm THRILLED!!! Can't wait to pick some up on my next trip into Walmart :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin Waffles, Pumpkin Spice Latte, and Autumn Walk are in my store now too. I almost bought the latte one this morning but resisted.......for now. We'll probably start burning our fall candles next weekend. I can't wait!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  7. ive been in love wirh the pumpkin waffles simce last fall. im on my third! also love caramel apple and cinnamon roll. the PSL smelled off to me. also found at walmart a candle called marys candles and the creme brulee scent is so amazing!check it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen Mary's Candles at my Walmart. I do have my eye on some mini mason jar candles at Dollar Tree though, in fall scents of course. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for the very interesting review. I saw someone on YouTube blog about these. I always go to the candle section, but since you mentioned they're not in that section, that explains how I missed them. I love LOVE LOVE BBW pumpkin pecan waffles candle, but it is quite expensive at $22.50 each. Even when they're 50% off, the still cost more than this brand. I am excited to try them! I pray they're in my Walmart. I don't want to have to drive all over Atlanta looking for them. Thanks so much for the descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and I hope you find them! =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  9. I'm burning Classic Flannel now & plan to buy every single one that I lay my eyes on! I am IN LOVE with this fragrance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - I hope you find many then. I still have mine sitting and waiting. We're working our way through all of our pumpkin scented things right now. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  10. These candles are Great !!! The Caramel Cinnamon Roll is my favorite but can no longer find it at Wal Mart. Any Suggestions .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might be gone for the season now. Keep an eye on your store though, they might bring out a few more to clear them out. Otherwise, you could try checking the Walmart website. Good luck!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Awesome! We're working our way through the pine one now, in these last few days before Christmas. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  12. Hello, I know this post is old but I just found your blog after my purchase of two of these candles and googling the name. I tend to search for reviews after my bargain purchases! LOL (I scored two at 1.00 each at my local Walmart)��Thanks so much for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      $1.00 each?! That's an awesome deal! What scents? My store never goes on sale that low. I think they must sell out before it gets to that point. lol

      Thanks for reading. Hope you continue to visit!

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Hey, I picked up the pumpkin spice latte. I found mine while digging in the clearance area. You're welcome and I will continue to visit!

      Delete
    3. Cool. I'll need to start paying more attention to the clearance area! Have you seen the new Country Market scent? Mmmm, so summery.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  13. I have just bought 2 this morning for only £1.99 each and have just read your blog - the peach daiquiri one is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I don't think I've seen Peach Daiquiri, but I haven't paid much attention to the spring/summer scents before.

      Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I'm from England and a big fan of Yankee candles but I have to say these are just as good and a fantastic price! - I've been shopping this morning and stocked up with a few more!!

      Delete