Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Glade Fall 2015 Preview

You know I love fall, and I've been keeping on eye on the Walmart shelves for first signs of fall scents.  Last weekend I was surprised and oh so happy to see they're starting to show up!

Let's take a look at the Glade fall lineup of scents.  I only actually saw the apple and pumpkin ones in-store that day, so of course I checked the website when I got home to see what else would be coming out.  It looks like five scents again this year, which seems to be the norm.  I'm pretty sure, judging by scent descriptions, that one is a renamed scent from last year.  And of course, one is going to be a Target exclusive.

So let's see!

Apple Tree Picnic - 'Notes of meadow grass and wild berry surround you in the tranquil chill of a fall day. Scents of cable knit musk stay close to keep you cozy beneath the autumn sun.'
  • Golden Sun Accord, Wild Berry, Meadow Grass
  • Orchard Blossoms, Royal Gala Apple
  • Cable Knit Musk, White Woods
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

**TARGET EXCLUSIVE**
Fall Antiquing - 'Warm scents of sandalwood send you on a cozy trip down memory lane. Mixed notes of fresh coconut and creamy vanilla leave you excited to examine odds and ends on rosewood shelves.'
  • Water Fruits, Pink Grapefruit
  • Coconut, Peach, Lily of the Valley, Jasmine
  • Vanilla Palm sugar, Violet , Sandalwood
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 



Hit The Road - 'Notes of fresh air let the car’s top down, revealing a perfect fall sky that leaves you feeling free and limitless. Hints of frosted herbs and autumn bark create a chill in the air, reviving you.'
  • Summer Sky Accord, Mandarin, Herbs
  • Blue Rose, Petitgrain
  • Oak Musk, Applewood Musk
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pumpkin Pit Stop - 'Meadow grass and hints of wild berry wrap around you in an inviting embrace, while rich notes of whipped vanilla and crystallized caramel remind you there’s always room for another slice of pie.'
  • Golden Sun Accord, Wild Berry, Meadow Grass
  • Orchard Blossoms, Royal Gala Apple
  • Sweet Cream Frosting, Vanilla, Caramel
(Look how similar this one is to Apple Tree Picnic.  The first two lines of scent notes are identical.  And equally curious is the fact that there is no pumpkin note.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunset Walk - 'Aromatic notes of basil, oregano and parsley take you on a refreshing hike through a rustic forest. Sweet hints of dried cranberry, plum and pear follow closely behind for some serious trail fun.'
  • Herbs
  • Dried fruits
  • Roasted Chestnut, Patchouli, Spice, Vanilla
(This is the one that I'm quite sure is the same as last year's Sage & Thyme Market.  The descriptions are nearly identical.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

These scents will be available in all the usual forms like candles, wax melts, sprays, and oils.  New this year is a larger sized candle.  The regular ones are 4 oz. and sell for $2.98 at Walmart.  I did not see the new larger ones at my store, and the website did not have details about size or price.

I'm a little disappointed.  Maybe I'll find one I like once the others are on the shelves and I do some proper sniffing.  What do you think?  Do any of these interest you for this fall?

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And there are always coupons so yes, get them all. I saw the green one in the store today and gave it a quick sniff. Still curious about the blue and purple ones but I probably won't get any this year.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Interesting and weird LOL! I can't imagine what they'll smell like from the descriptions, but looking forward to trying them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my very quick sniffs, the apple one was a 'pretty' apple scent, no spice, no warmth. The pumpkin was very light and I couldn't really get any good idea what it was like. It did not strike me as warm, fall, pumpkin spice or pumpkin pie at all though. The green one is a warm sort of herbal-spice type that I found quite interesting. I haven't come across the other two yet.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Just saw in my coupon circulars in the Sunday paper that the Sunset Walk is a Walmart exclusive. Seems like in the seasonal offerings that there seems to be a Walmart and a Target exclusive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, each store seems to always get one exclusive. A couple years ago, even Dollar General had an exclusive one for Christmas. I didn't know which was the Walmart exclusive for this fall, so thanks for that information. I'll have to stop by Target and sniff Fall Antiquing. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. I noticed that about the Dollar General too, but we don't have those stores here in Washington, so I didn't get that one. I think it was the holiday purple Nutcracker one. Oh well! I am looking forward to getting out to Walmart and Target to check out these new fall ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that was the one. I liked that one. I hope the winter/Christmas scents are more exciting than this year's fall scents. They're nice, but just sort of blah.

      ~Deb

      Delete