Wednesday, July 22, 2015

July 22 - Foolish Me

Well, I did something stupid the other day.  I went through the blog and deleted ALL personal posts, going all the way back to the beginning.  I figured I'd regret it, but I didn't realize how much.  I was kicking myself afterwards for not at least saving copies of the bigger events posts like graduations and Ty moving out, so I'd still have those memories to look back on.  The earliest years (2008-2010) had previously been saved in Google docs and on a flash drive.  But the day I deleted everything I was in a 'Just wipe it clean and be done with it!' mood and didn't bother to save 2011-present.

I found a way to retrieve archived cache versions of posts and tried playing around with reposting them, but there were too many hassles associated with doing that.  It was taking WAY longer than I'd hoped and was just making the blog a huge mess.  I at least know now that I can get those old posts saved to a Google doc for my own personal use, and that's a huge relief.

I think I might try to at least get the 2015 Natters-type posts reposted because there aren't very many, but I'll probably skip the rest.

Lesson learned for me!

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry they are all gone. I love your natters posts. No more deleting please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to just step away from the computer when I'm in my low funks. =(

      ~Deb

      Delete