Saturday, July 25, 2015

(REPOST) Jan. 4, 2015 - Tiny Christmas Clearance Haul

Belated Happy New Year greetings!  We didn't do anything special.  In fact, I slipped into a mopey angry mood and was in bed by 7:30pm (although I played my bubble shooter game on my phone until about 10pm).  I was out of that funk the next day, and not even sure why it hit, so no biggie.  Everyone survived.  lol
I know a lot of people go crazy for the after-Christmas clearance sales.  Some years I'm more into it than others but I've never been a 'Gotta go buy all the things!' type person about it.  I happened to do my regular shopping on the morning of Dec. 27 and took a stroll through the already ransacked clearance aisles at Walmart.  I wasn't looking for anything in particular.  I usually don't buy wrapping paper or gift bags because I'm never sure what style mood I'll be in the following year.  You know, like am I into the traditional reds and greens, or the blues and silvers, or the cutesie, or the elegant.  So I just browsed to see what was there and these few things came home with me.
I don't know what happened to my better picture of this clear plastic container.  You can see what it looks like in the first photo, and this one shows a closeup of the detail.  If you remember those two little plastic jars I'd gotten from Dollar Tree this Christmas, this is very similar to those but much larger.  I really liked how the little ones worked out for candy like M&Ms or old fashioned, colorful hard candy.  I thought this bigger one would be excellent for larger candies like mini candy bars, or even cookies.
Regular price $2.97.  I paid $1.48.
In my soap making days I was crazy for these types of silicone molds.  I still get excited when I see them these days but I just have no use for them.  Couldn't pass this one up though.  I have no clue what I'll use it for!  I thought maybe chocolates.  I made peppermint-chocolate snowflakes a few years ago ( HERE ) and thought it might do it again in these, and maybe try different varieties instead of just peppermint.
Regular price $3.47.  I paid $1.73.

Washi tapes are all the rage these days.  I'm not a planner user, or a scrapbooker, or a card maker, so I have no idea what I'll do with these, but they refused to leave my cart.  One of the Christmas cards we received had a piece of similar tape across the tip of the flap, where you'd normally place a sticker or seal.  I thought maybe I'd try that next Christmas.  Or maybe, because Christmas cards are becoming such a lost art, maybe I'll try making my own this year.  I don't know but there are much more sparkly than the pictures show.
Regular price 97cents each.  I paid 48cents each.
And then yesterday, January 3, I walked through the Christmas clearance area again to see what random things were still laying around.  Really not much that even interested me, until I saw this.  Isn't there some old story, Bible story maybe, about a lion and a lamb?  Well, that's not why I got it.  Some of you know that I am a Twilight fan.  There is a cheesy reference in there, Bella and Edward talking, "So the lion fell in love with the lamb."  And I had to get the ornament, because I am a dork.  =P
Regular price $7.99.  I paid $1.86.
That's it!  My tiny little Christmas clearance haul.  Did you find anything amazing?  Were you after anything in particular?

No comments:

Post a Comment