Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Aug. 12 - Where Have I Been?

Fatty and I are taking a break.  As you've noticed, there isn't a lot going on around this ol' blog lately.  All that drama of deleting posts and scrambling to recover them, and then I slip into nothingness anyway.  This break wasn't planned but it sure is enjoyable.  There hasn't really been anything worth blogging about going on so I don't feel that urgency to get posts up.

I'm on a wax melting break too.  That part sort of it intentional.  I knew my stash would run out before it was time to start fall scents, and I decided to give myself a break.  It's been almost a month now and I'm quite enjoying it!  There is no hassle about which warmer to use, or making sure there is a ready warmer for the next scent.  It's nice not having to take mental notes about each tart for later reference in a Melted post.  It's been nice just opening the windows and letting summer air cleanse the house.

I've also given up (for now at least) on trying to be informative about new fall scents and finds.  I always feel weird about taking pics in stores, like I'm being naughty or something, and there are way too many things hitting shelves right now for me to keep up with by scribbling notes and trying to remember details.  I'm also trying to not buy things for the sake of blogging like I have done in the past.  Not saying I'll never take store pics or post 'Heads up!' posts again, but for now I'm not putting that pressure on myself and I'm quite enjoying that too.

As fall creeps ever closer, I suspect I'll get the urges back, the blogging and melting urges.  There will be more fun things to write about as attentions start to turn towards the holidays.  So yeah, I'll probably be back to something more regular in the coming weeks.  But for now I'm just really enjoying not having to worry about any of it!  
*cheesy thumbs up*

What have you been up to lately?

7 comments:

  1. Breaks are nice! Hi Fatty Cat!

    I haven't been up to much since getting back. Reading. Reading. Reading. That is it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to get my butt in gear and READ now. Are you going to continue, and read the Kane Chronicles, or whatever that next series is called?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. You and Fatty deserve a break! :)

    I actually got laid off on the 31st, but have a couple leads on new opportunities and a possible freelance gig, so haven't been online and keeping up with the blogs as diligently. Mostly I'm trying to take advantage of this break from work to declutter and check off some other stuff that's been on my to-do list for way too long!

    I saw the fall Glades at Target the other day, and like you was pretty underwhelmed. I ended up buying Hit the Road but haven't burned it yet. All the Endless Color stuff was on clearance but nothing grabbed me, even at the lower prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sucks that you got laid off but yeah for getting some things done. I need to start using my time more wisely on my days off and just get stuff done. I always *think* about what I want to do but can't seem to get started. Once I do get started it's fine and I'm go go go. It's just that getting started part.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Breaks are nice, but don't forget about this bloggy! :)

    Can't wait for fall scents! But don't feel bad about not snapping pictures, it DOES make me feel naughty, too! LOL!

    HI FATTY!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it weird? I see videos, people filming right in the store without a care in the world, and I feel guilty for sneaking a pic.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Some people even spend hours in stores filming (Grav3yardGirl comes to mind) and people walk right by and say nothing!! More power to 'em, but on the wrong day with the wrong employee, well, it could cause a problem!

      Delete