Friday, August 21, 2015

Aug. 21 - Just Nattering

Hello!  It's just me, slacking at blogging again.  Since we're only a whisper away from the fall season, I thought I'd feature a pic of the view from my window, and will try to update this picture weekly throughout fall.  Won't it be interesting to see how the corn field and trees take on their fall colors?

So anyway, what's been happening?  I started melting wax again today.  A Rosegirls muffin in a blend of Ooey Gooey Caramel / Toffee Apple Crunch / Dunk My Donut was my official kickoff of fall scents.  It's a lovely caramel apple scent with just a hint of spice and bakery.  And it's pretty neat that today is cooler and quite fall-like.  Our furnace even kicked on last night!  Sunday we were miserable in 90 degree heat and high humidity.  Thursday night we're down to 49 degrees and the furnace is on.  lol

Christian Ponder (#9) played a chunk of the Raiders first preseason game last weekend.  He did pretty good!  Had a touchdown, but also an interception.  This week the Raiders play the Vikings, in Minnesota.  People are asking who I'm cheering for.  I keep saying it would be funny if the Vikings lost and that most of the points came while Ponder was playing.  Ha!  Seriously though, I do want the Vikings to win.  Ponder is still battling for the backup quarterback spot on the Raiders though, so I hope he does ok while he's in.  I really don't like their starting quarterback.  He strikes me as an arrogant dick.

Casey will hopefully get his car back today.  The guy had told him "the better part of a week," so we'd been hoping it would be done Thursday.  It's Friday afternoon now and still no word.

Ty is here, just hanging out and chitchatting.  Well actually he's playing Mario 3D something or other on Casey's Wii U while I finish this post.  We'll have Friday fish fry dinner from our local place after hubby gets home from work.

I was debating journaling vs. blogging again.  I'd given journaling another try because I was excited about the idea of adding stickers and washi tapes to the daily entries.  Yeeeeeeah, I did one day and that was it.  I like the idea of handwritten journals because I always see so many neat little journal books and notebooks.  And then the idea of adding stickers and tapes makes it more fun.  But there is something about blogging that I like too.  It's easy to include pictures, where in a regular journal it would be more difficult.  Typing out things is so much faster and easier than my messy handwriting.  And believe me, it's become MESSY over the years that I've been doing so much internet stuff.  I think I could speak more freely about some things in a regular journal.  I guess I just need to make it part of my routine, to write something in the notebook each night before I read, or something like that.

Do you journal?  Do you also blog?  Which do you prefer?

8 comments:

  1. The photo from your window is so serene. I can't wait to visit one day! :) Oh, your FURNACE kicked on!? What!? Jealous of your nice, cooler weather! I have been thinking about journaling more and more lately as a way to keep track of things, but I might just type my journal out...my hands are often bad because my my arthritis and it is at least a bit easier to type. I have stopped using my Plum Paper Planner after a big bad flare in one of my wrists. It lasted 3 days and afterwards, I lost interest. :( But the stickers are just so dern cute! Maybe try journaling again for a week before bed and see if it sticks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might have try journaling or blogging in the morning instead of the evening. My mind is alert during the quiet of early mornings, and there isn't anyone around to interrupt me. Yes, I think THAT is what I need to try.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Thank you for doing the photo of fall creeping up around your home! This will be my little window into watching the seasons change.

    Hoping the car got done today. Being car-less stinks.

    I popped my muffin in. I think it will be going all day tomorrow too. Happy fall melting kick off!!!!

    I tried journaling a bit but it never sticks for too long but when I kept a faithful dairy or three from about 8 to 14.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This reminds me that I need to take this week's picture. I don't think it will look much different yet.

      Casey didn't get his car back until Sunday. It looks nice though, after looking at it all banged up and falling apart for the past several years. He's happy, but now has to focus on building his bank account back up. lol

      As mentioned in my reply to Lauren above, I'm going to try journaling and/or blogging in the mornings instead of the evenings, and see how that goes. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. It's so beautiful and green outside your window!

    I definitely go back and forth on prettying up my journal pages. Some weeks I'm all into stickers & washi, but then will go weeks and weeks with nothing because I can't be bothered. My "journal" is just a run-on to-do list in a notebook (kind of like a Bullet Journal) where I add one item at the end of each day with the prompt, "Today I feel..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how many hours of boredom I spend staring out that window, just watching birds or animals, zoning out. LOL

      I just can't get going on journaling, with or without stickers. By the time evening rolls around I'm so brain-tired from work crap or constant little things at home, that trying to write something is the last thing I feel like doing. I'm going to try switching to writing in the morning instead.

      Bullet Journal....never heard of that.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Here's the Bullet Journal idea http://bulletjournal.com/. His is WAY more involved than mine--I just use maybe 3 symbols, and mainly keep it as a to-do list, but I like having one notebook for everything. My middle-aged brain can't deal with more than that LOL!

      Delete
    3. Interesting. I want to do more traditional diary type writing though. I need to take Nike's advice and "Just do it!" And then add a sticker to it. LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete