Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Collective Fall Haul - Walmart, Dollar Tree

Fall items are really starting to pop up in stores now.  Most places haven't quite yet made the full fall switch, but we're getting ever close.  I've started picking up a few things.

We almost always have chocolate of some sort in the candy dish on the buffet.  I hadn't wanted the fall M&Ms quite yet but when I remembered I wanted M&Ms I was on the other side of the store and didn't feel like trucking all the way back for candy.  Aha!  There was a handy dandy display of fall candies right there where I was so I went ahead and grabbed them.  I passed on the Pecan Pie ones, and just got regular plain and peanut.

(Will you be trying the Pecan Pie ones?  I had the Caramel Apple ones last year.  I think that's what it was anyway.)

Ty uses the Glade scented oils in his apartment and was telling me he'd really like the fall scents last year.  Since I had coupons I picked up a pack of Apple Cinnamon for him.  I went with this over the new apple one Glade has this fall because this ones smells more fall-like.  Also grabbed an Apple Cinnamon Renuzit gel freshener thinger for Casey's room.


I'd seen these the weeks before while shopping and was quite intrigued.  They have a variety of these scented oil warmers, the plugin things, with different decorations on them.  The normal Glade warmers are just plain white block-looking things.  These very much reminded me of the B&BW wallflowers.  And then I saw the label.  These are made by 719 Walnut Avenue, who we already know has those awesome candles, AND is made by the same company that makes B&BW candles.  Hmmm!  So when Ty said one of his warmers wasn't working any more, I went ahead and grabbed him one of these.  I think they are something like $2.79 at Walmart.

I keep obsessing over stickers and wishing I had a use for them.  When I saw these I just *had* to have them.  I told myself I'd make another attempt at journaling and just add stickers to each entry.  I mean, how cute are these?!

And these?!  The picture doesn't show it really but some have some glittery areas.  These are just freakin' gorgeous.  They would have been perfect if I'd stuck with card making.  Or who knows, maybe I'll whip up a few fall cards to send out.  Or use for pocket letters, if I decide to dabble in that.  I don't know, I just had to have them.

(And no, the journaling thing is still not working out.)

I've been seeing haul videos with cute fall things at Dollar Tree.  People are crazy, grabbing up one of everything they see.  I admit a lot of it is super duper cute but I'm trying to be more realistic and only buying things if I know where I'll put them.  So while there were four or five designs in these glittery decorative rocks, I only got one because I know I'll put it on the little greeter table by our back door.
 
Same with these little glass pumpkins.  I remember last year wanting to have more of this type of decoration to just place around the house, and there are a lot of different styles and colors of these at Dollar Tree, but in the end I just grabbed the most traditional looking one.  Once I get my fall decorations out, I'll see if I still feel like I need more and will grab some then *if* there are any left.

There were several cute wall hangings that I really liked but just don't know where I'd put them.  They don't really look durable enough for outside, and I did not see the one I really wanted so I passed on those.  There were a lot of window clings too, but I'm not usually a fan of those.  There were some large ones, like signs, that I really did like though.  I'll probably put this one on our refrigerator.  It's about 9x15 inches.

Another of the window cling signs that I really liked.  I'm not sure where I'll put this one.  I'm thinking maybe on the side of our fridge, which is right next to where you come into the house from the 'back' room.

That's all I've gotten so far.  Dollar Tree had some really cute little mason jar candles that I almost bought.  There was Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie, and a cranberry scent.  They all smelled so good!  And being so little, they'd be cute for just some quickie burns, like have one going in the kitchen while we play Munchkin or something.  I didn't get them yet because I have an overload of fall scented tarts, and we already have several large fall scented candles.  I don't know though, they were cute and smelled darn good.......

I'm really anxious to see what Target has in their fall things!  I know the change has to be coming soon because people in haul videos are saying Dollar Spot stuff is starting to be marked 70% off.  I stopped there today just to check and did see one little section with a handful of fall/Halloween kitchen towels, but that was it.  I know it's coming soon though!

Are you excited for fall?!
Have you bought anything fall related yet?  Or, what are you hoping to get this year?

The Fall Slut is excited!!
 





8 comments:

  1. Cute haul! Fall is by far my favorite season, and I love all the cute decorations and such in fall departments :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love love love fall. I could easily go overboard on decorations but one of the things I like is that I've managed to keep it simple so far. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Can you use any brand (BBW/Glade/etc) in the 719 Walnut Avenue plug ins or will it only work with their brand? And how well do the Glade plugins work anyway? I bought a bunch of wallflower bulbs from BBW but they only work for like a week and then you can't smell anything afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The label said both Glade and Air Wick refills would fit, but I don't know about others. I don't use them so I can't say how strong they are or how long they last. My son uses them in his small-ish apartment, and has said just one placed centrally between the open space dining and living room is enough to be noticed throughout the apartment.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Hello! Do you have an Instagram?? I would love to follow! Love HAUL posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thefallslut on Instagram, but I'm still a noob over there. I'm still undecided if I want to fully dive in over there or not. I do have several fall item pics up though. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. I know you passed on them, but those Pecan Pie M&Ms are enticing! I wonder how they would be!? :O

    I LOVE your haul!! Fall is right around the corner, woohoo!! 2-3 bucks for that Walnut plug-in!? Heck yes! The glass pumpkin is dainty and adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not brave when it comes to food adventures so I'm going to leave it up to you to find those M&Ms, try them, and let us all know how they were. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete