Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Small Fall Haul


Just a super quick haul post here.  I picked up a few more fall things while shopping with my Mom this morning.

I don't eat pumpkin pie but I am venturing into more and more pumpkin flavored foods and drinks.  When I saw these in a brand new end cap display of Little Debbie fall themed snacks at Walmart, I decided to go ahead and give them a try.  I'll set them aside for a while yet though, till we're a little closer to actual pumpkin-everything season.

Picked these little guys up at Dollar Tree.  They are those pick things that you can stick into a potted plant, or fake flower arrangement, or wreath, or whatever.  You'll see what I do with these later, when I do my fall decorations post.

Since taking that month or so break from melting tarts, I'm finding it slow going getting back into melting them.  I've been digging candles more lately, and after seeing everyone and their dog haul these little baby mason jar candles from Dollar Tree, they've been stuck in my head.  When my mom said she wanted to stop at Dollar Tree this morning, I went ahead and grabbed these three fall scented ones.
These are the cutest little things!  They are 3 oz., single wick, mason jar candles.  I got Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie, and Cranberry Smash.  The pumpkin and apple ones are Luminessence brand, which is the common Dollar Tree brand of wax.  I was surprised to find that the cranberry one is Old Williamsburgh brand though.  I received a box of free candles for review from that company a few years ago and they are quite nice.  So I'm happy to have this little one now.

I am getting over a cold right now so sniffing things is unreliable for me at the moment.  The pumpkin pie scent seems to be low spice, typical pumpkin bakery.  The apple pie scent does have a bit of spice, and a nice warmth of bakery notes along with some juiciness from the apples.  The cranberry one is delish!  It's not quite as spicy as the cranberry spice type I prefer but it there is enough spice to bring warmth to the tart juicy cranberry scent.  This will be great to have burning in the kitchen on Thanksgiving day.

I also so Blueberry Pie, Banana Nut Bread, and Cinnamon Roll scents.  I really wanted to get the blueberry one!  Actually, the banana bread one is really good too, but the cinnamon one didn't appeal to me much because it has that sort of 'sour' note like from cream cheese or something.  I also saw Apple Chai scent in the little wood wick candles that Dollar Tree has but when I sniffed it I couldn't really smell anything.  That might be because of my cold.  I think next time I'm there I'm going to sniff it again, and probably grab a blueberry and banana candle.

Alrighty!  That's my little quickie haul.  Have you found anything fun recently?


6 comments:

  1. Whoa those Pumpkin Spice Rolls sound delicious! :) Might have to buy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to grab a box now because I figured they'd be hard to find in November when I *really* want them. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Now I'm super hungry for those pumpkin spice rolls :D The tiny mason jar candles are adorable.

    I start a new job on the 31st (yay!), so still trying to watch my spending, but I did pick up a Yankee Candle called Seaside Autumn at Homegoods, along with a pumpkin-themed wall hanging for my kitchen. Target had some cute strings of lights in colorful woven balls in their dollar section (not explaining that well at all!), but I didn't grab them at the time and now they're gone :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for the new job! Did you get a lot of things done on your 'break'? I know the woven ball lights you're talking about. I thought they were cute but had no idea where I'd ever put them so I didn't get any. I can't wait till the fall stuff hits the Dollar Spot!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Those mason jar candles are SO CUTE! I love the way the look! And Little Debbie Pumpkin Rolls?! ZOMG. YUM. I love those strawberry shortcake rolls from them once in a while, but we can't seem to find them any place around here anymore. :( I wonder if the frosting is cream cheesy??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing I grabbed that box when I did because when I was shopping this morning.....they were GONE.

      I don't think I've ever had the strawberry shortcake ones. Huh. I'll have to look next time, just to see what they are. (If they're there.)

      ~Deb

      Delete