Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Haul - Exploring Dollar General & Family Dollar

I went exploring today.  I decided to go to a town I don't normally go to, about 10 miles away, and check out their Dollar General store.  I discovered there was also a Family Dollar store near it, so I popped in there too.  I much prefer Dollar Tree, and doubt I'll go back to either of these two stores any time soon.

But let's look at the few things that did come home with me.

I found the felt owl stickers I've been seeing everyone haul!  I have no clue what I'll do with these but I just had to have them.  Aren't they freakin' cute?
($1.00 at Dollar General)

One thing I'm finding about the dollar stores is that they are the best place around me to find Russell Stover candies.  I saw these and did not hesitate in grabbing one of each.  Hubby and I will have fun trying them.
($1.00 each at Dollar General)

One of the biggest reasons I wanted to check out Dollar General is because I'd seen a haul video where the two ladies had mentioned cleaning supplies in seasonal fragrances.  Really?!  I don't think I've even considered *cleaning supplies* in such scents.  I did not find any fall ones but I did find this Christmas Cinnamon scent.  I've never used the Fabuloso brand of any product.  This is a multi purpose cleaner.  And the bottle leaked from the cap when it tipped over, so now my car smells fabulous.
($1.00 at Dollar General)

This is a cute little refrigerator magnet, maybe 2x3 inches, and looking like a chalkboard.  I thought it might fit for a pocket letter but nope, it's a smidge too big.  Oh well, it looks cute on my fridge.
($1.00 at Family Dollar)

And finally, this adorable toothpick holder.  They also had an owl and a turkey but I thought the pumpkin would work best for me.   Although I've tried to limit the amount of pumpkin decorations I have in September, I think this will look so cute sitting next to that brown 'bucket' with the apple on it that I got the other day from Walmart.
($1.00 at Family Dollar)

That's it.  Not much to brag about but that's still okay.  It was just an exploring trip out of boredom anyway.

Do you have any favorite little out of the way places you like to visit?
Have you ever looked for cleaning supplies in fall or winter scents??





4 comments:

  1. Christmas scented Fabuloso?! I grew up with my mom only using this stuff to mop the floors. Great little haul. Dollar General is hit or miss for me but I almost wish we still had flooring that I mopped for the Fabuloso!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could buy a bottle and go mop your mom's floors. =P

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Yay, you found your owl stickers!

    Those Russell Stovers look awesome. And I'd never ever heard of holiday scented cleaning supplies. Wild!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Russell Stovers were pretty darn good. There was a subtle apple taste and everything. I've looked at the RS site and holy moly, there are some yummies for fall that I'm tempted to order!

      ~Deb

      Delete