Sunday, September 27, 2015

Haul - Target & Walmart / Halloween

I had to kill some time this morning while my car was getting new tires so of course I ended up buying a few more unneeded fall and Halloween goodies.

This little plastic pumpkin is so cute in it's smallness.  It's about three or four inches tall, was only $0.97, and will probably be the little pencil cup on the kitchen counter for the month of October.

I like to check the cheapie movies when Halloween comes around because I can always find something to add to our horror collection.  Today I got the original Amityville Horror.  I'd gotten It the other day but I think I forgot to include it in the haul post.  These were $5.00 each.  I can't wait to watch these classics sometime next month!

These are little foam stickers.  I'd passed on these the other day because I didn't know what I'd ever do with them.  I've been doing pretty good in my journal though, and having fun adding stickers and washi tape, so I figured I could have some fun adding these too.  There are purple and green spiders, orange and black bats, orange pumpkins, and black cat faces.  A pack of 50 is $0.97 at Walmart.

Over at Target, I decided to skip the two other felt garlands that I'd wanted.  I also decided to skip the wooden 'Spooky' word decoration because it was much more plain than I'd remembered.  I did grab this pack of felt stickers though.  There are bats, ghosts, pumpkins, and skulls in here, 10 pieces for $1.00.  I'll probably use some of these in my journal too.

I grabbed this pack of glittery stickers, again for my journal, but I'll probably save it for next year since we're so close to October and Halloween stickers now.  Maybe I'll still use some of these this year if hubby and I go to the apple/pumpkin farm in October.  We didn't go last year.  We'll see if we make it this year or not.

One thing I like about Target is that you can find some unique candies and treats there.  When I saw this Russell Stover - Pumpkin Spice Latte chocolate bar, I grabbed it without a second though.  Right next to it was the Hammond's brand Pumpkin Spice bar, which I also grabbed without question.  They might be the grossest things ever, I don't know.  We'll find out sometime in October!  LOL

That's my little haul for this time.
Are you looking forward to Halloween?
Do you have any scary movies that you just need to watch every October?

10 comments:

  1. I love the plastic pumpkin!
    It's too funny that there are even pumpkin spice latte candy bars. Hope they're good--I love the wrapper on the Russell Stover one.

    I had one of those Russell Stover "caramel apples" the other day (not the one with the nuts, the other one) and it was wild--you don't taste the apple part of it till the aftertaste! It was good. Did you like them?

    Glad journaling is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like the Caramel Apple ones. Kurth thought they weird. He said the chocolate tasted weird. I reminded him that it was probably the apple he was tasting. He still wasn't thrilled.

      I'm still feeling kinda 'What's the point?' about journaling but oh well, it's like one little fun thing to look forward to each day. Next thing ya know, I *will* be doing a planner. LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Oh, I was gonna say--aagh Amityville Horror! I still remember being afraid of your copy of the book. The physical book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have that same copy! Have you seen the remake of the movie, from a couple years ago? I didn't like it. Not even Ryan Reynolds could save it.

      Casey and Matt are both freaked by It. They both shied away when I showed them I'd bought it. LOL!!!!!!!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Good to hear you're decorating your journal w/ washi tape and stickers!

    I'm skeptical about the Pumpkin bars - remember to report back your thoughts!

    okay...how is it that the pumpkin looks like it's at least 12 inches tall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My journal is pretty simple, just a notebook with some stickers splattered here and there. It's been fun so far though, and maybe I'll move up to colored pens soon. lol

      I'll try to remember to post about the pumpkin bars. I'll try to sucker hubby into trying them too.

      That pumpkin looks creepily rounded too, like a fun house mirror almost. But no, it's just a wee little thing.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. I think I need to grab some of those fun stickers for the girls to craft with. What cute finds Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walmart has mini colored gel pens, and glitter glue, and all sorts of Halloween crafty things in their 'dollar bins.' They're quite a lot like Target's Dollar Spot at the moment. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. OMG, I just read "It" for the first time this summer and it was very, very creepy! (And long LOL!) I shudder when I run past storm drains now. The movie was on Syfy a few weeks ago but I only saw a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read the book and don't think I've ever even seen the whole movie. I remember watching part of it long ago, but I'm pretty sure I never got all the way through for one reason or another. I'm going to try try try to watch it this October though!

      ~Deb

      Delete