Friday, September 25, 2015

Haul - Walmart Fall /Halloween Items

Grabbed a few more seasonal goodies while shopping this morning.  There were tons more decorations I wanted but I resisted, mainly because I can't remember just what I already have in my Halloween and Thanksgiving decoration stashes.  I can't remember if I added new things last year or not.  Oh well, let's take a quick look at what I bought today.

I've been eyeing this candle since the fall scents first came out.  I've always passed on it though, because I figured we already have enough fall candles and tarts.  I always have Febreze and Glade coupons, and today I decided to just get this and be done with it.  This is Febreze's cute little mason jar candle, 5 oz., single wick.  It is Pumpkin Bliss scent, a deep and rich, spicy pumpkin scent.  Super yummy!
($4.94, but had $1.00 coupon so it was $3.94)

Banners must be all the rage this year.  I ended up getting two more.  These are just cheap, thin cardboard on ribbon.  I'm sure they're supposed to be disposable party decorations, but if I take care of these I can probably get a few years of use out of them.  This first one is 70 inches long and says 'Spooky.'  The picture on the packaging shows the pieces much more orange than they really are.  The color in the actual photo is a little more true.
($0.97)

This one has bigger pennants and is aver 70 inches long.  It says 'Happy Fall' and has little pumpkins, leaves, and acorns on it.  This is an even thinner material, more like heavy paper.
($0.98)

I might hang one of these (or both?) from the mirror of my car for a bit of festive fun.  They're just cheap little rubbery plastic figures on cheap plastic hooks.
(2-pk of keychains cost $0.97)

This is my favorite purchase of the day.  I'd seen it the other day when I was with my mom and the store was just starting to get the Halloween decorations more fully stocked.  I'd also noticed the price and shied away because I'm so used to the cheaper things I've been buying lately.  This item stuck in my head though and when I saw it was still there this morning I had a little talk with my cheap self and got it.  This is canvas over a wood frame.  The pumpkins and the word 'Gratitude' are glittered.  I just love this!  There is no hanger on it, but one could easily be added.  I think I'm just going to prop it up though, maybe on the kitchen counter.
($7.98)

There were so many other cute signs and things.  There were even two other designs of the canvas thing, both Halloween designs.  I was tempted to grab more pumpkins, large and small, glittered and plain . . . but I really need to see what I already have first.  I did look all over for the Halloween washi tapes but did not see any.  That's alright, since I've decided I don't even know what to do with the ones I have.

And when I took a peek into the back 'seasonal' room, I saw the first signs that Christmas stuff was being stocked.  I bet the time I'm back there next week, that room will be in full Christmas attire.  Too soon!  Toooooooo sooooooooon!

9 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing that same candle and planning to use the same coupon. Lol!

    Love the canvas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get the candle! Have you sniffed the cranberry one? I wasn't too wowed by that one, if I remember correctly.

      Go to your Walmart and get the canvas. Doooo it!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. That canvas is wonderful. I'm glad you talked yourself into getting it. That seems like a great price. I am looking forward to after fall sales for decorations this year. I think it's time for new reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New reads works too. It's always time for new books. =P

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Great stuff! The canvas is wonderful! Glad it was still there when you went back.

    I stopped at the other Dollar Tree near work today at lunch and grabbed a bunch of the washi tapes, along with a skull ice cube tray and a couple of those little trick or treat bags to use for my lunch or whatever. Next time you're there, check the tape section in hardware 'cuz they had a Scotch brand alphabet pattern washi tape stashed over there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen other people find Scotch brand tapes at Dollar Tree but I always forget to look for them when I'm there. I missed out on the fall themed duck/duct tape. When it was still plentiful, I didn't want it. Now that I've decided I do want it, of course it's gone from my store.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. That canvas! I can't wait to see the post of your house with all these great decorations up. The banners and pennants look like high quality pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found other banners in a different area, some that I like more, but how many freakin' banners do I need? Well, for a dollar each I suppose I could grab them all and have different ones next year.

      I do love that canvas.

      ~Deb

      Delete