Monday, September 28, 2015

Melted - Beezy Tarts / Caramel Apple Butter

Caramel Apple Butter - 'Cooked Macintosh apples, steamed milk, cane sugar, vanilla bean, fresh grated nutmeg and creamy caramel.'

I was surprised to find that I did not like this one.  It must have been the 'butter' part, but I didn't even let it get fully melted before I had to shut it off.  Cold sniffed seemed okay, although I was leery of the strong nutty note.  As it was warming though, it seemed the sweet and juicy notes of the caramel apple were smothered out by the warm and cloying notes of the milk and nuts and a sort of saltiness.

I had this whole tart going in my Glade hot plate warmer but stopped it when it was only about 3.4 melted.  The scent was strong, but I just did not like it.

[This tart was a gift from a gift from a waxy bloggy friend.]

2 comments:

  1. Milk. Ew. His Apple Clove Butter is still my fave. Sorry this one didn't work. I don't think I would dig it either but I eyed it pretty hard! Glad you reviewed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an Apple Clove Butter in my stash. I know you guys all rave about it, so I'm afraid to melt it. LOL - What if I don't like it?

      ~Deb

      Delete