Monday, September 28, 2015

Rant - Snapfish FAIL

I've been a Snapfish customer for years.  Now that my kids are grown and graduations are over and nothing amazing is going on in my life, my picture taking has slowed down.  Most of the pics I take now are for the blog, and those don't need to be printed.  So my use of Snapfish has slowed way down too.  The past two or three years, I place one order of highlight pics from the previous year.  I got a 'buy something or we're dumping your account' type reminder email not long ago so I knew it was time to get my pics printed.  I waited for a sale and placed my order.  Didn't think anything of it because I've never had problems before.

When I received my order, I was happily going through the prints and started noticing that some looked off-center.  Did I take crappy pics?  I didn't think so.  But as I started finding more and more, I got pissed.  Out of 130 ordered, 31 were cropped poorly.

If you're familiar with Snapfish, you know that during the checkout process you get an option of regular 4x6 size prints, where some cropping might need to be done because digital pictures generally aren't a 4x6 size.  To avoid any cropping, they offer a TrueDigital size option, or something like that.  It's a 4x5.3 inch print that requires no cropping.  I *always* choose that option.  I went back over my order to see if I'd maybe goofed and not selected that.  Nope.  Everything looked correct.

Don't ever try to find a simple email addy on the Snapfish site.  I ran around in circles and jumped through hoops trying to find one.  I kept getting sent back to different spots that wanted me to try any number of ways to take care of my problem without actually contacting anyone.  Finally I ended up in 'live chat' just out of frustration and growing rage.  The first person I chatted with was helpful enough, in his or her choppy English, until I had to go through my prints and see exactly how many were flawed.  In the time it took to do that, the helpful chat person ended the chat.

Thanks, guys.

So I hopped back into chat and got another support person with even choppier English, who made me go through everything I'd just explained to the first person.  Luckily I now knew how many pics were flawed and was able to provide that number.  He/she then put me on virtual hold while he/she went to 'check something on my end.'

I didn't even get Muzak.

I was told to reorder those flawed pics at no charge.  Thank you.  Have a nice day.  Disconnected.

So I reordered, and I made DANG SURE that everything was looking perfect and that I'd chosen that TrueDigital option.  I was not charged anything.  *phew*

I received my reprinted pics today and, um, guys . . . 

Do you see my mom's head in these pics?  Oh wait, yes, I see a smidge more of her nose in the reprint.

Do you see my husband in these fishing pictures?  Why yes, that IS part of his arm way over there on the right!

 Do you see the scrawny Christmas tree I snuck into Ty's place to put up last Christmas?  Barely, because Snapfish wants you to see his TV instead.

That's just a sample.  All 31 flawed prints are identically flawed in this reprinted batch!
REALLY, SNAPFISH?!?!?!

The only thing I can think of is that *maybe* because these pics were taken on my phone something doesn't work out.  I don't know why that would be.  They show up fine in the preview pics.  I don't remember seeing anything about phone pics being different.  I just don't get it.  But I'm pretty sure I'm done with Snapfish.  Since I don't order prints very often anymore, I'll just start doing them myself at Walmart or Walgreens or something.

Epic fail, Snapfish.  Epic fail.

8 comments:

  1. Your poor mom and hubby! That is just atrocious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed.
      I have some of Lynx with his head half chopped off, of Minion with his legs chopped off, of Casey's newly repaired car but the pic chopped the front end off. It's stupid.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. A load of crap like a baby pooping through the diaper and clothes!

      Do you still use Snapfish? You're a Shutterfly person, aren't you? Any problems there, or recommendations?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Ugh, how frustrating!!! They must have zero QA! >:-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stupid thing is, I wasn't really surprised to see these reprints messed up too. I was shocked that it really happened, but I'd already been thinking it might because I couldn't figure out why it happened in the first place.

      Do you print a lot of pics? Where do you get them done?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Completely unacceptable! I want to tag snapfish in the post. Also, I love the threat of buy or we dump your files. At least don't mess up my pictures when I do buy, jeez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. And then don't mess them up again when I'm reordering!

      ~Deb

      Delete