Thursday, September 24, 2015

Sept. 24 - Evening Natters

Another gorgeous view that the camera doesn't do justice to.  This was the sunrise view from out kitchen window this morning.  There was just a bit of haze lower to the ground, and if you could see it better, the cornfield around us is really starting to look tan now.

I kept a little busier today, to keep my crabby thoughts at bay.  Casey and I went to Kmart today just to have a look around.  They already have a good chunk of their Christmas stuff out already!  It didn't even look like all of the Halloween stuff was out yet, but they're already finishing up the big Christmas trees display and had a couple aisles of Christmas decorations.  I love Christmas but nooooo thank you, not quite *this* early!

Casey bought a shelf unit for his room, and I found a new pair of shoes that will hopefully be okay for work.

Then we stopped at Pick n Save to pick up a few groceries.  Casey went to bed when we got home, and I just stayed busy, puttering around on little things like filling the bird feeders, doing a couple loads of laundry, sorting through some junk on my desk.  I played Skylanders for a while.  I'm really not liking this new game much.  I don't like the vehicles.  I don't like that I can't go back and repeat areas to try and get the things I missed.  For that matter, I don't like that this one doesn't even have the checklists of things to complete.  It's focused more on racing the vehicles.  Just not digging this one.

Our dvd player is acting up.  I need to buy one of those cleaning discs tomorrow and see if that helps.  I know it's not a problem with any one disc because it will not play ANY dvds lately.  We have to watch movies through the Xbox these days.

Today is my father-in-law's 78th birthday.  Hubby stopped over after work to drop off a birthday card and visit for a bit.

That's about all the excitement there was around here today.
I'm off to read now.

2 comments:

  1. Pick and Save --- I grew up with Pic N Save in my hometown, I wonder if it's the same thing. Haven't thought about those in years :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not the same. This one's website says it's a Wisconsin chain of stores. I used to shop there all the time until I slowly switched over to Walmart. Now when I go to Pick N Save it's like a treat. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete