Thursday, September 24, 2015

Sept. 24 - Natters For Yesterday

I realized right as I shut the computer down last night that I hadn't done my 'daily' post.  I also realized as I decided to sneak this one in early to count for yesterday, that I need to go take a bunch of random pics so I can restock my Obligatory Random Photo For Natters Posts collection.  I'll try to do that today.

Yesterday was a sort of crabby, bummed about everything day.  I was upset about so many little things.  Like, I have all those fun washi tapes and stickers, and have no use for them.  All of my brilliant crafty ideas fizzle out so quickly.  I need to just accept that I'm not going to be getting all crafty and stop buying the stuff.  I need to just stop looking at it too.  Not sure what I'll do with all my stuff.  Hang onto it in case the urge strikes again?  Do a big destash-giveaway?  I was also bummed about baking, which I don't do much of anyway.  I *want* to bake more, and was excited about the idea of doing cute fall and Halloween cookies and cakes.  Only to have the menfolk enlighten me that they're not into pumpkin spice, and not really into frosted cutout cookies.  Well that just sort of takes the thrill out of making anything.  And then these bummer thoughts lead into bigger, mopier, life in general things.

I did do a few fun little things in the midst of all that downer-ness though.  I finally watched the Vikings game, which was awesome.  They looked like a completely different team than the week before.  It brought a tear to my eye to hear the cheers for Adrian Peterson's return.  The crowd noise had me missing being there.  We didn't go last year and we're not going this year, but next year the new stadium is open for business and we're hoping to get back on our one game a year schedule.  I also played the new Skylanders for a while yesterday.  It came out Sunday and Casey picked it up for me since I was working that day.  They've added vehicles to this new one.  Not sure how I feel about the game yet.  Last year's release, Trap Team' is my favorite by far.  And to end the day, I finally watched the Cinderella movie.  A couple coworkers had been whining about how much it sucked but I liked it.  In my mopey mood, I pretty cried all the way through it, but I thought it was a lovely little movie.  Of course it's going to be a bit cheesy.  What did people think?  Some high drama, academy award winning thing?

My week off continues.  Not sure what I'll do today.  I'm thinking of going to town to snoop around a bit, see what I can see.  Or maybe kick back and play more Skylanders.  Not sure yet, but I'll try to remember to post again later, as the actual Thursday post.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you like the movie! I enjoyed it too. That stinks about no pumpkin spice or frosted cookies. What about some kind of apple dessert? Go Vikings! I hope the rest of your week is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I misunderstood. Casey says he WILL eat frosted fall cookies, so yay! Maybe I'll whip up some Halloween ones this weekend. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete