Thursday, September 24, 2015

Super Quick Craft Project

Yesterday I was feeling all bummed out that I have tons of washi tapes and stickers, and no use for them.  I've tried card making.  I've tried planners.  I've tried journals.  None of them are for me apparently.

During football season, we go through a lot of salsa and nacho dip around here.  I've often wondered how I could reuse the jars.  Last year we painted some for Halloween and put flickering fake tea lights in them.  So as I was washing out the most recent jar, I was trying once again to figure out what I could reuse them for.  My thoughts about this collided with my thoughts of what to use the washi and stickers for, and -BAM- I whipped this up in about five seconds.

I just wrapped a fall-ish colored strip of washi tape around the jar and applied one of the super cute felt turkey stickers from Kevin over it.  I did not play around to see if placing the washi higher or lower would look better, or if adding a second strip for a wider band would look better.  What do you think?  I could also do this with the felt leaves stickers I bought.

What is this jar now for?  I still haven't a clue.  I mean, the possibilities are endless.  You could put candy in it, or use it as a pens and pencils cup, or a container for cooking utensils like wooden spoons.  You could put a tea light or votive candle (real or battery) in here for a seasonal luminary.  Perhaps some fake florals or greenery?  A million possibilities.  

They're SO easy to make, and of course now my head is exploding with all the ideas.  Problem is, what would I do with a million of these decorated jars?  And where can I find more felt stickers?  I think Target's Dollar Spot had Halloween themed ones.  I'll need to check back there again.

So what do you think?  Does it need more washi?  Do you have ideas for use?
Let me know!  Maybe I'll do a giveaway.

6 comments:

  1. Deb! This is so stinking cute! You can washy the lid that goes with it and fill it with cookies for your coworkers for Christmas. Well the ones you like anyway. I am totally putting this on Pinterest I bet you will get hits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you really Pin it? Does it have a bajillion hits?

      I didn't keep the lid for this one but I'll have to keep them from now on, because that's a good idea about Christmas gifts. I wish I could find more of this particular 'fall' tape though. As usual, when you want something it's gone. I might have to splurge on a non-dollar one if I can find something fall themed.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Glad you found that little felt turkey a good home!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did indeed. He can't wait for the rest of the Thanksgiving decorations to come out in November. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. It's SO cute Deb! I would throw some of my washi tapes in there, or my colored markers for my adult coloring books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. '...adult coloring books.' Sunnee! Where are you finding THOSE?
      Nah, I know what you mean and I'm seeing more and more of them pop up at Walmart. I need to get one.

      ~Deb

      Delete