Saturday, September 12, 2015

Tiny Fall Haul - More Target and Walmart

While doing my weekly shopping at Walmart this morning I noticed they are starting to get their Halloween stuff out so I had to take a look.  I'll have to take a better look next week when they'll have everything stocked.  I'm really anxious to see what cutesy type things they'll have, since I'm feeling like changing things up for my Halloween decor this year.  Instead of the usual bones and blood and more hardcore stuff we've had for years, I have a really strong urge to go back to more basic, childlike things like cute black cats and cute ghosts and cute, colorful things.

Like these stickers.
How freakin' cute are those?!  I also really like the colors on these.  They're not the usual solid colors, but have shading and detail.  I love them.  I wish there would have been more designs.  This pack has two sheets, and was on $0.97.

These fall leaves stickers were hanging next to the Halloween ones so of course I had to have these too.  I know I have a pack or two of leaf stickers already but I don't think they're the same as these.  And if you look at the bottom right you can see that the veins of the leaves are gold foil.  Very pretty.  This pack is one sheet and was also $0.97.

I stopped at Target for what I thought would be a quick in and out thing because all I wanted was a pack of these acorns.  I'd looked at these last time I was there but didn't know what I'd do with them.  Well, they are vase filler, and I have those two packs of little pumpkins from that friend mail, so I thought maybe I'd mix them together in a clear jar I have.  It might look stupid since the pumpkins are so colorful.  We don't know until we try, right?  There are 40 acorns in a package, for $3.00 in Target's Dollar Spot.  They had this copper color, a more gold-ish color, and white.  The tops are brown on all, and the rounded nut part is where the colors are different.

My quick in and out trip was shot to heck when I saw that they had added a ton more Halloween stuff to the Dollar Spot.  I spent many many minutes looking through everything.  I had several things in my hands at one point but eventually put most back.  I wanted SO many of the things I saw!!  

This was the only other thing I actually bought though.  More felt stickers!  I have no idea what I'm going to do with any of these but I think I'm hooked on felt stickers.  These are pumpkins and fall leaves, 24 pieces in a pack for $1.00.

There were a lot of other cute stickers too.  I saw the woodland animals sticker book that everyone is hauling and actually had in hand for a while.  I saw the Halloween colored bakers twine, and little wooden signs, and pet costumes.  I saw the Halloween line of notepads and sticky notes, and even found the one Thanksgiving notepad.  The Halloween kitchen towels were back.  There are lights in those wire ball shapes, but Halloween colors.  (I think I mentioned those in another post.)  There are so many fun things.  But I was good and did not buy.

I'm thinking about getting the Target debit card, the one they're always trying to sign you up for at the checkout, the one that saves you 5% every time you shop there.  Do any of you use it?  What do you think?  Should I?

And what should I do with all my felt stickers?
LOL

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are cute. I'm thinking now of going back for a pack of the gold and of the white and putting just the acorns in a pillar vase.

      ~Deb

      Delete