Thursday, October 1, 2015

Haul - Lasting Scent Candles / Wax

I think this is my first order from Lasting Scent Candles.  I've tried some of their tarts because my waxy bloggy friends have shared with me but yeah, I think this is my first actual order.  I don't need more fall wax, and I hadn't planned on ordering because this is one vendor that I just don't pay attention to, but when those same waxy bloggy friends were chatting excitedly about the opening not long ago I couldn't help it.  I placed this small order.

Let's take a look and see what my initial cold sniff thoughts are!

Fall Fest - '(LSC Original Mix) Apples, pumpkins, autumn spices in the air; just like a trip to your favorite fall festival!'
With a description like that, of course I had to try it.  A warm, softly spiced scent, this is heavier on the pumpkin, with just traces of the apple in the background.

Apple Scotch Waffles - '(LSC Original Mix) Brown sugar glazed apples on top of a buttermilk waffle and drizzled with warm butterscotch.sprinkled with honey roasted pecans.'
Reminds me of a salty caramel apple.  Not sure how I feel about that 'salty' note.

Spooky Brew - '(LSC Original Mix) This Spooky Brew starts with lightly spiced chai tea steeped with pumpkin cream, and a dollop of marshmallow on top for the froth.'
I'm not getting much on cold sniff, just a light tea note.

Banana Chai Muffins - '(LSC Original Mix) This was a mixing mistake that turned out really nice. Ripe mashed bananas, brown sugar, nutmeg, clove, pumpkin chai and honey glazed walnuts baked to perfection.'
This one is light on cold too.  I get a soft banana note, and a bakery note that is indeed muffin-like.  This is not like a generic banana nut bread scent.  Hoping the pumpkin chai comes out when warmed.
 
Cherry Cider Muffins - '(LSC Original Mix) Fluffy muffins covered in our house blended cherry cider and sprinkled with sugar.'
 Ooooh, yum.  A nice cherry note, not too sharp and almond-y, and a cozy, warm muffin note.

Pumpkin Tea Bread - '(LSC Original Mix) Grandmother used to make this bread for all of us for the holidays. Pumpkin bread made with all the warm holiday spices including black tea (her secret ingredient) with a brown sugar glazed drizzled over the top.'
Spices hit your nose first, quickly followed by the bread and pumpkin notes, racing to be noticed.

Pumpkin Mallow Grahams - '(LSC Original Mix) An old favorite brought back by request! Layered graham crackers stuffed with pumpkin filling and, of course, a sticky marshmallow plopped on top!'
I've had pumpkin marshmallow scents from various vendors and for some reason most of them have a nasty harsh plastic-y note.  I'm already getting that note on cold sniff.  Bummer.

Caramel Apple Empanadas - '(LSC Original Mix) Fried apples, brown sugar crumbles, and a doughy shell, with a drizzle of our caramel candy sauce and just a pinch of cinnamon.'
 At first it seems like a caramel apple scent, but then you realize it's warmer and has more of a bakery type feel to it.  I think I'll like this one.

Apple Snap - '(LSC Original Mix) Delicious Crisp Apples, Tart Cranberries and all those yummy warm spices. This is such a warm and inviting Fall aroma.'
This one is nice for fall, indeed.  The cranberry note leans dangerously toward the perfume-y type, and I wish the scent had a little more spice and warmth, but there is enough apple to keep it all in the fall category.
 
Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast - '(LSC Original Mix) Sweet creamy pumpkin, smeared in between two pieces of French toast and covered in maple butter syrup and sprinkled with cinnamon.'
 This was a freebie with my order.  Yay!  And ohhh what a ymmy freebie it appears to be!  I get the maple and bread notes nicely, and a softly spiced pumpkin note weaves it's way through it all.  Yum!

I placed this order on Monday, August 31 and received it Thursday, October 1.  This is probably still within the estimated TAT listed on the website.  This isn't a post about TATs though, so we'll just move on.  These 1.5 oz. scent shots cost $1.75 each.  Shipping is a flat rate of $9.00, but it says on the site that overages of $1.00 or more are refunded.  My ten tarts arrived in priority box inside a priority bubble mailer.  Shipping on that was $5.70, and to my knowledge, I have not received any overcharge refund.  Hmm, interesting.

Well that is my little peer pressure order.
Are you a fan of Lasting Scent Candles?

4 comments:

  1. LSC always bloom when warmed, in my experience anyway, so hopefully that'll be your experience too. I've never gotten a plastic note from any LSC scent so hopefully that'll dissipate.
    I always get a shipping refund from Pam, so maybe contact her? Enjoy your order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones I've melted so far have been decent strength. I kept forgetting I had them, so wasn't reaching for them when I wanted to melt something. LOL

      No refund yet. Nah, I'm not going to hunt her down. I have no plans to order again.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Some of your favorite scents are mine too. I am glad you took a chance and ordered :-) Hopefully you will like them when melted. I read she was starting to refund shipping. I would email her if you don't see yours yet. I was surprised how much I loved Pumpkin French toast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the thing you saw about shipping was invoices for anything that went over the initial 'flat rate' charge. That's the way I understood it anyway.

      "I charge exact shipping. $9.00 is charged up front with each order. I will REFUND you if your refund is over $1.00. I will send you a invoice if your shipping is over the $9.00."

      I'm not going to contact her. I'll just be marking it as a little mental note about how this vendor does(n't) do business. I have no plans to order from there again.

      ~Deb

      Delete