Sunday, October 25, 2015

Haul - Walmart Misc.

Casey and I went to town out of boredom the other day, and that's a dangerous thing because we always tend to spend more money than ever anticipated.  To be fair, there were a couple things that have been holding up my leap into paper crafting, and I wanted to pick those up, but some of the other things were, um, well, extras.

The main thing I needed was plain black paper to make Halloween cards.  I'd gotten those other packs with fun Halloween designs, but had no plain black.  I highly doubt I'll get any cards made for Halloween 2015 but I can still make some to practice, or for next year.

I also wanted a cutting mat.  This one sounded pretty neat with it's claims of 'self healing.'  We shall see.
Got a simple knife to go with my fancy cutting mat.  I saw a gold version of this too.  Not sure what that means?  It's more durable?  Stays sharp longer?  No clue.  If you know, please let me know.
I had found that my super cheap glue sticks do not hold, so I knew I needed something else.  I'd been seeing glue like this in super mega crafty peoples' videos so when I saw this at Walmart I thought I'd try it.
I see a lot of the crafty people using these types of tape runners too.  This is the cheaper version of the ones available at my store.  Hopefully it's sticky enough.
While digging through the cheapie movies bin, I came across these.  The first Paranormal Activity freaked me out so bad!!!!  I thought all of them that have come after have been letdowns but for only $3.74 each, yeah, I'm willing to build my spooky movie collection.  I was bummed I couldn't find #3 though.
We also found a couple of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies in the $3.74 bin.  I remember a million years ago when my sister and I watched the first one several hundred times because Johnny Depp was the new hot thing back then.  I have a few of the movies on VHS, but I admit I don't even know how many there are in total and I know I haven't seen them all.  While looking around the movies section more, we found this set of 1-4 for only $9.96, which was a better deal, and then we grabbed #5 from the cheapie bin.
Couldn't pass this up when I saw it!  I do prefer Goat Milk Stuff or Burt's Bees lip balms, but when I find fun seasonal things like this, I'm there.  This is quite spicy, as you'd expect.  I like it!  And it was only $1.00!
And of course I had to grab these when I saw them.  But I'm only teasing with this pic, and am going to do a separate post about these after I see if more scents show up soon.
That is my little mishmash haul.  I'd hoped to play around with card making this weekend but yesterday was busy and today we have company coming over to watch football, so no playing with papers and stickers for me.  And why do they have to come and watch OUR game just because THEIR team has a bye week?  Ugh, being social sucks.

3 comments:

  1. I love runner tape and must have gone through a jillion during my scrapbooking/card making days. I mean tons and tons. They just work so well. Duck Tape brand wasn't favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever used one. For anything. I'm so far behind the world. LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete