Thursday, October 8, 2015

Melted - Dessa's Homespun Scents / Caramel Cider Lane

Caramel Cider Lane – 'Mulled apple cider meets warm gooey caramel and sweet cinnamon. A B&BW “Cider Lane” type duplication.'
 
 Even in my cold sniff notes from my haul post, I wasn't sure I'd like this.  I'd said there was something weird about it.  Well, I tried it anyway and no, I did not like it.  I turned the warmer off after only about a half hour.  I can't pinpoint just what's weird about it.  I get the cider note, and the cinnamon note, and the caramel note, but it's like they don't blend together to create something.  It's like I'm just getting three individual scents.  And there is that weirdness, like a sweet plastic-y harshness.  LOL - I don't know how to describe it.  But anyway, no, I did not like this one at all.

I melted this whole tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had strong scent right off the bat.  I just did not like it and turned the warmer off quite early.

2 comments:

  1. Cider Lane dupes can be tricky. I like them better if they are blended with other scents like cinnamon or mulled cider or Leaves dupes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it's the caramel that killed this for me, or if I'm just not a Cider Lane fan. I don't know if I've actually smelled the original Cider Lane. Is it still around? One more reason to go to B&BW and sniff all the things.

      ~Deb

      Delete