Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Melted - Scentsationals / Warm Spice

Warm Spice - [no scent description]

Much like the Gourmet Spice scent from the other day, this was a very 'dry' scent.  This one seemed to have a bit more depth though, almost a hint of bakery.  I thought of oatmeal raisin cookies at one point.  The picture on the package shows cinnamon, nutmeg, and . . . star anise?  That has a sort of black licorice scent, doesn't it?  Cinnamon is definitely not the strong note in here.  I'd say nutmeg is what hits you first.  There is a tiny bit of sweetness deep down in the overall scent.  Not sure just what that is coming from.  But overall, this was once again too 'dry' for me.

I melted two cubes at a time in my tea light warmer and had strong scent.  When I returned home after running some errands, I could very easily smell this as soon as I opened the back door.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Not sure about dry smelling. That usually is a no go for me. Yeah, the stars are anise/licorice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it weird how scents can be 'dry'?? And how some are 'wet'?? Like a good, deep cider or spiced punch scent can totally come off as 'wet.'

      I'm glad I tried this but nah, I probably won't bother with it again.

      ~Deb

      Delete