Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Melted - Ten Digit Creations / Mandarin Cranberry

Mandarin Cranberry - '(Yankee Type) Sweet mandarin oranges and tart cranberries.'
 
 I tend to be iffy when it comes to mandarin.  I always think 'Ah, it's like orange,' and I more often than not get harshly reminded that they are not the same.  So in my brain, I went into this thinking it would be a fabulous cranberry-orange spiced deliciousness.  It was not.  This is way too 'pretty' for what I was expecting.  It's not at all a spiced cranberry scent so there is none of that warmth.  This is the bright and cheery, almost perfume-y type of cranberry scent.  Add to it that sorta-orange-but-not note and it was just not working for me.  It's probably still an awesome scent for a lot of people, but just not the warm, spiced, fall type of scent I was hoping for.

I melted this whole tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had medium scent.

[This tart was a gift from a waxy bloggy friend.]

2 comments:

  1. ohhh, I think I might like this one. I went through a huge cranberry kick last year but I haven't been melting too many fall scents yet. Gotta get to it, winter is just around the corner.
    Have you picked all your pines and winter scents yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too much yet. I still have a bunch left from last year, and I'm trying to wait and see what BH&G / Scentsationals offers at Walmart before placing any orders. My scent preferences for winter are much fewer than fall. A good eggnog, some sweet vanilla-mint, and a tiny bit of pine, and I'm good to go. LOL

      It's funny you say you might like this scent, because I'm pretty sure I got it from you. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete