Saturday, October 24, 2015

New Wax At Walmart - American Home (by Yankee Candle)

I'd recently noticed a new line of candles at Walmart,  very predominantly displayed in the fall/seasonal section at the front of the store.  It is the American Home line, by Yankee Candle.  Yankee at Walmart?!  What the . . . ?  I haven't fully explored this new option much because we already have plenty of candles for fall.

WELL!  Imagine my surprise when I was in the store today and saw WAX MELTS by this new American Home / Yankee Candle line?!  And they were Christmas scents!!!!
(I did not go in the fall section at the front of the store this time, so I don't know if they had fall scented tarts over there.)

  • Merry Cherry
  • Sweet & Salty Caramel
  • Holiday Spice Cake
  •  Winter Morning
  • Sage & Red Berry
  • Sparkling Cinnamon Spice
  •  Banana Walnut Bread
  • Delicious Cranberry
  • Santa's Treat
  •  Fresh Balsam Fir
  • Moonlit Night
The only one I bought today was Delicious Cranberry, because you know I'm always on the hunt for the perfect cranberry spice scent.  This one is not quite perfect but it's better than a lot of the others I always come across.  The other one that really stood out to me was the Sweet & Salty Caramel.  It was sweet and warm and gooey, without a harsh salty note.  I might need to grab that one next time.  I didn't spend too much time sniffing the others but I do remember Moonlit Night is one of those cologne-y types that I'm not fond of.

These are 2.6 oz. packages (6 cubes) and sell for $3.93.  I also so 4 oz. candles for $4.93, 1-wick 19 oz. jar candles for $14.93, and 2-wick 19 oz. tumblers for $14.93.  My interest lies in the tarts and the 4 oz. candles.  I'm bummed there wasn't any minty scent.  I can't wait to see how the pack I bought performs!

Have you seen these tarts at your Walmart?
Does that fact that these are Yankee intrigue you at all?
Have you already tried them???

4 comments:

  1. Gah! Sage and Red Berry and the Balsam one are calling to me. I am so excited to hear how your cranberry one performs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might grab the caramel one next time I'm shopping, but for the other holiday scents, I'm *trying* to hold off until the BH&G / Scentsationals line comes out. Hopefully your store has these so you can do some sniffing! =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Sadly the sweet and salty caramel doesn't have a too much scent throw for the price! You need at least 2 cubes of wax to smell it melted 😢

      Delete
    3. That's a bummer. I haven't even seen ANY wax from this brand since Christmas clearance.

      ~Deb

      Delete