Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Walmart Beauty Box - Fall 2015

I missed the summer Walmart Beauty Box because customer service of the third party vendor that actually does the boxes is not very efficient or quick.  When the time came for the summer box to ship and I started seeing everyone else getting theirs, I wondered where mine was.  I waited an extra week or so, thinking maybe it was on its way.  Eventually I contacted Walmart through their website and asked about it.  They directed me to the company that actually handles the box subscriptions, so I emailed them.  It took a good while to get any kind or response from them, and even then is was brief and vague, saying there had been a problem with my payment method.  Well that's nice to know.  Why didn't I get any kind of alert or something?

So I was a little crabby about it all and never did update my account.  Imagine my surprise when it was time for the fall box to ship and I *finally* get notification that there is a problem with my payment method.  I almost ignored it and let my subscription run out, but then was thinking that I wanted something fun to look forward to in the mail.  There are sooooooo many subscription boxes out there, but most are too pricey or have too many things I'd never use.  At least with this simple little box odds are slightly better that I'll use the affordable products that are featured, and I know I can easily pick up more at Walmart if I like what I've used.  So I went ahead and fixed my account and today I received my Fall Beauty Box.

For those who don't know, the Walmart Beauty Box is a "free" subscription box and you only pay $5.00 shipping.  It is a quarterly (seasonal) box, not monthly.  You get a handful of sample or travel sized products, as well as several coupons, and there is even the occasional full sized product.  There is a slight variance in boxes depending on your age group, but within your group things seem to be pretty much the same in everyone's box.

Let's take a look at the Fall 2015 'Old Lady' box.  lol

A 1.8 oz bottle of Dove body wash in Mandarin & Tiare Flower scent.  I do love getting body washes but I am bored with always getting Dove.  I will happily use this though.

A 1.5 oz. can of Aussie Mega hairspray.  I've been loving the Aussie 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner but I did not like the Aussie hairspray I'd tried a while ago.  I don't think it was this particular one, the Mega style, so maybe I'll like this one better.  I will give it a try.

A 1 oz. bottle of Act - Advanced Care / Plaque Guard mouthwash.  I don't find much difference in mouthwashes so we just use a cheap and highly medicinal kind, but yeah, I'll use this too.

I was very excited to see this 2 oz. bottle of Amlactin body lotion because I'd never heard of it, and I'm always looking for a good lotion. It does have all the bad ingredients like mineral oil, aluminum, and parabens but I'm not one who gets too overly freaked out that.  I'm tired of suffering through all-natural products that just don't work.

I'm not a big fan of Aveeno.  I tried it years ago when an extreme all-natural fan friend of mine swore by it, and it did nothing for me but turn my towels orange.  I also have to wonder about that person's all-natural beliefs because I see this .3 oz. tube of Aveeno daily moisturizer has all those things like parabens too.  I will give this a try though, just to be fair.

I have no need for this tube of Neutrogena Healthy Volume mascara because I don't wear makeup.  It is in the color Black (02) and I think this might be full sized . . . ?  I'll probably pass this along in a friend mail or put it in a Christmas goodie bag for someone.

There is a little foil packet sample of L'Oreal Paris - Age Perfect Glow Renewal facial oil.  I don't use these types of oils but I'll try this.  There is also a little sample of Jennifer Aniston's perfume.  It's on a little square of face wipes type material, which is interesting.  At least it's not the messy, tiny vial that you can never open anyway.  And I think I actually kinda like this scent.  Hmm.  There is a $3.00 coupon too.

Another L'Oreal Paris product, this time a foil packet sample of Revitalift - Miracle Blur instant skin smoother finishing cream.  Well, okay.  I don't even know what all that means but I'll slather it on and see how smooth I turn out.  Next to that is a 2-step foil packet sample of Crest 3D White - Brilliance toothpaste and whitening gel.  There is a $2.00 coupon included.  I don't use this whitening stuff, and I doubt this little bit is enough to do anything whitening-wise anyway.

And finally, a $3.00 coupon for any RoC anti-aging product.  I don't think I've ever tried any RoC products.  I don't use anything fancy on my face.  I am getting old though, so maybe I should start.  I'll have to take a look at the RoC line of products someday.

This is pretty good box.  Nothing overly exciting, but at least I'll use plenty of the items this time.
I did watch a video of a much younger girl opening her box and the 'young' box had things like Simple brand face wipes and a sample sized deodorant, along with some of the same things I got in mine.

Are you a Walmart Beauty Box subscriber?
Do you subscribe to any other boxes?

2 comments: