Saturday, November 14, 2015

Melted - American Home / Delicious Cranberry

Delicious Cranberry - 'Sweet and wonderful, natural cranberry is blended with vanilla and sugar cane.'

I was so excited to find this.  Yankee Candle at Walmart?  Yes, please.  In tart form?  Yes, please!  A well done cranberry scent for November?  I'm there!  The description doesn't mention any spice but this is more along the lines of a warmer, spice-type cranberry scent than the really sweet and perfume-y type.  There is plenty of sweetness, you do get that sugar note, but the tartness of the cranberry is still there.  This IS a really nice Thanksgiving type scent.

I'd heard good things about the performance of these American Home tarts, that just one cube would produce good, strong scent.  So I started with just one .5 oz. cube in my tea light warmer and was bummed to only have light scent.  After a while I added another cube to that warmer, but it didn't help boost the scent.  I will try these again, maybe two cubes in my Glade warmer, and see how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. No! I am sorry these were light! :( This sounds like such a wonderful scent. Cranberry is essential for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried again yet. Maybe today. Fingers crossed it's stronger next time! I might just try the small candles from this line instead.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Sorry these are giving you enough throw. I've been getting great throw using a single cube, most definitely. I really like this particular cranberry scent, big, bold with just the right amount of sweetness. My very favorite American Home scent carried by Walmart, however, is Sage & Red Berry. A unique, fresh take on a Holiday fragrance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it depends on the area it's being melted in and a person's definition of strong. My main melting spot is in a large-ish open area, and strong for me is if I can easily smell it throughout that whole area.

      I need to sniff the other scents again, and maybe grab the small candle versions instead.

      ~Deb

      Delete