Friday, December 11, 2015

Blogmas - Day 11


It was another day of sitting in class at work today.  This one went by pretty fast though.  We got out of the conference room a few times to go to some 'learning exercises,' and that helped keep the mood light.  We finished early and had our little potluck lunch.  Not many people brought food.  Only two of the mini cupcakes I took were eaten, and one of those was by me.  *hmph!*  We were officially done right around noon but since we'd been scheduled until 2pm I stayed after to help prep for one of next week's classes, which happens to be for the machines I'm in charge of.  I left there at 2pm, and came home to just relax and putter around online until later, when hubby got home from work and went to get our usual Friday fish-fry dinners from a local place.

I was bummed to find no cards in the mail today.  That changed when hubby got home and handed me one from his friend/coworker, the one he rides to work with.  And I just have to show you this card . . . 
 This was handmade by the girlfriend of the coworker.  The picture doesn't show it enough but it's a purple and yellow card.  Yes, she used Vikings colors for us.  How cute is that?  So simple, yet so cute!  The snowflakes are little white plastic embellishments.  She dabbed a bit of glitter in the center of those.  The sentiment is just stamped on.  The snowman's smile and arms are just drawn on with a pen.  Now why the heck can't I stick with paper crafting enough to do things like this?!  I'll never understand myself.

Well, hubby is watching that goofy Scouts Guide To The Zombie Apocalypse movie, so I think I'm heading up to bed.  He's going shopping with me in the morning.  We need to buy a new microwave because we're pretty sure ours in either going to die any minute now, or go up in flames.  lol

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the Vikings lost last night.  Boo!  But the game was a thousand times better than the previous one!  And we almost had it won.  I'm not too sure about our final three games but I guess whatever happens is okay because we spent a good chunk of this season in the #1 spot.

Did you find holiday cheer in anything today?
I hope so!

6 comments:

  1. That card puts to shame everything I've worked on LOL! When we go shopping tomorrow I may HAVE to buy some stuff to make my card look better.
    Cupcakes never survive around me. I eat them up with a bottomless stomach. I can't believe anyone would pass that up!

    Christmas shopping, finally! Going through stores that are decorated with holiday stuff and hearing all of the Christmas music really made it feel like December. The 80 degrees in the air, however, did not. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year I told myself that this year I wanted to go Christmas shopping at our local mall, and the outlet mall the next town over. (I very rarely ever go to either place.) Now that it's time this year, I still wanted to do it but ended up just going for quick and easy just to get it done. Now I find I'm still wanting to go to those malls anyway! Maybe I can get hubby to go with me, just for something to do.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Very cute card! I like be how the snowman is looking up with his carrot nose in the air! A cute touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's all so SIMPLE. That's what I can't get over. I overwhelm myself when I sit down to try, thinking it has to be all layers and do-dads and gushing with gloriousness. This isn't even cardstock. It's regular construction paper. I think I need to try again. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I agree. Simple is best anyway!

      Delete
    3. I've been eyeing my stickers today and thinking 'Next year...' Well, I guess there is nothing stopping me from making some this year *for* next year, huh?

      ~Deb

      Delete