Saturday, December 12, 2015

Blogmas - Day 12 / Tiny Haul


Hubby did go shopping with me this morning and we did get a new microwave.  How about that!  The microwave thing is funny because my menfolk always pick on me that I can't handle change (I can't) so how will I handle a new microwave?  It's bigger than the old one and we already have limited counter space, so yeah, it IS making me twitch a bit!  LOL  Now none of the usual counter things fit in their usual spaces, and when I tried rearranging things a bit, the whole Change Is Bad thing got worse and worse.  At least the dang thing is white like the old one.

While shopping, I paused to look at the Christmas wax section.  Hubby kinda laughed, "Like you need more wax."  I agreed and we moved on.  Well then over by the regular wax aisle, we saw the big Bin o' Wax and *hubby* pauses to look through it.  There were a ton of leftover fall scents in there.  I grabbed Warm Apple Pie because this was the best version of the scent I'd found this year.  I'll tuck it away for next fall.  I also grabbed Candied Mulberry Spice because I've had it before, I've been eyeing it every week, and because I was commenting elsewhere on this blog about not having enough of this type of scent for Christmas.  Hubby wanted the Blackberry Cider, and then we both agreed on Coffee Cake Swirl because I've just never had that one.

My Walmart FINALLY has the Christmas stickers and things out in the scrapbook supplies aisle.  They've had the other stickers out over in the Christmas decorations sections for a while now but the more classy things like you find in the scrapbook aisle were slow in coming.  I grabbed this pack with my journal in mind.  There is a bit of glitter here and there, and they're just so classic and pretty.

I also grabbed this pack of ornaments stickers.  There is some shimmery gold foil detailing on them.  These also look so classy.  Again, thinking of my journal for these.

And this pack is just. so. cute.  I mean, look at those cute little animals!  There is no glitter or shimmer but they do still strike me as sort of classic and classy again.  Thinking of my journal for these too.

Although . . . 

I've skipped two days of journaling and didn't even realize it.  Blogmas has been hogging my attention, I guess.  Actually the last couple days I had written in my journal I'd mentioned in there it was feeling like something I didn't need to do anymore now that I was back to blogging.  So if the journal does start gathering dust I might just tuck these stickers away until next year.  Who knows, maybe I'll be revisiting the card making idea again by then?!

I watched a bit of the Jim Carrey version of the Grinch this evening.  I've never seen it!  The other day, one of the YouTubers I watch was showing her almost four year old daughter's reaction to that movie, and the girl looked scared and was telling her mom to turn it off.  I kinda laughed at that and thought, 'Yeah, he's pretty scary in original cartoon form too.'  Well after seeing a bit of the movie myself now, I can see why a little kid would be afraid!!  Wow, that movie is weird looking!  I don't really have much interest in seeing the rest of it now.

Speaking of YouTube and Christmas movies, I was watching another video this morning, where the two ladies were showing all of their Christmas decorations.  They had a bunch of Christmas Vacation ornaments and things and I started thinking, 'I love that movie!  Why have I never collected any ornaments related to it?!'  I know there are some at Walmart right now.  Why have I never gotten any?  So I told the menfolk I was adding that idea to my list.  They laughed their 'You're a dork!' laugh and went on about their business.
That's fine.  I know what I'll be looking for in after-Christmas clearance!  lol

No cards in the mail today, people.
*sigh*

What did you do on this Day 12 Saturday?
Did you rush to Bath & Body Works and stock up on $2.50 hand soaps??

10 comments:

  1. Oh man we stocked right up on those soaps. I picked up some for you as well! :D
    The Jim Carrey version of Grinch is okay, but I love love love the animated version so much more. Probably because I grew up watching it every Christmas. Same thing with the stop motion Christmas movies that always play around this time of year.
    Those stickers are pretty! I'm sure no matter where they're used they will add a little extra festivity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rudolph was on last night so we watched some of that too. It's so funny because hubby and I were in shock at how much they got away with back then. At one point I even said "This show is horrible!" What I mean is the bullying of Rudolph, the bigotry, etc. I'm not one for the current state of sugar coating everything, but wow, those old shows were MEAN! We noticed that with Charlie Brown too. Watching with adult eyes is a whole new thing. LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Oh no, I've had this same thought with so many shows and movies that I thought were awesome when I was little. Timon and Pumbaa is horrible to watch as an adult! Why did I like it?!
      I haven't watched any of the Rudolph movies in a few years so it'll be interesting to see how that time changes my perception of the movie :)

      Delete
    3. I think it was last year, my son Ty and his friend Matt were watching our set of classic Christmas shows (Rudolph, Frosty, etc.) and it was hysterical to hear how they turned every beloved character and story into some scandalous, trashy, horror story. Like Santa being a creeper, and Frosty being a pedophile. We were laughing so hard.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Hubby is quite the wax enabler! lol! I love it! Cute stickers, the woodland creatures are adorable. The Christmas cards are hit or miss here too. But I do have a couple more to send out. After Christnas shopping for decorations is my favorite! Now you have me jonesing to watch Christmas Vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby and I were incredibly bored last night and I almost suggested watching Christmas Vacation again. I've already seen it once this year, when I put the tree up, but hubby hasn't seen it nearly as much as I have, and I'm always willing to watch that one. LOL!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. The picture on the coffee cake swirl tart package makes me want to make some! LOL!

    There are Christmas Vacation ornaments at Walmart?! AGH! I see another trip in my future. Such a fun, funny movie!! Have you noticed a lot of the ornaments at places like Target and Walmart have decreased in quality considerably over the last few years? It seems like if it's not bronzed, or tinted in some glittery wash (which I love, don't get me wrong, but it's sort of tacky on a Yoda ornament!!), it's way too childish. Am I becoming a Scrooge?!

    Your hubby is SO funny! HE looked through the bin!? HA! How the tables have turned! It's nice he took a passing-by interest in the bin. :)

    Cute stickers, Deb! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of RG Streuselchoochoo when I bought the Coffee Cake Swirl. Not saying that they're anything alike...I don't have any choochoo on hand to do a comparison...but you know, coffee cake. I should have bought the Vanilla Bean I see all the time and did a little choochoo blending.

      I saw some pretty scary looking ornaments at Target. They are shimmery glass animal heads. What?! I don't want that creepiness staring at me from my Christmas tree. But in a way it's kinda like the really old time stuff, when they didn't realize they were being creepy.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Lol!!! When they didn't realize they were being creepy!!! HAHAHAAA!!! Like the creeptastic 50's elf I have. >shutter< OR that Nestle Chocolate dog puppet in black and white. "Chaaaaaaw-kletttttttttt" nope

      Delete
    3. Okay, now I gotta see pics of these creepy things!

      ~Deb

      Delete