Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Blogmas - Day 16 / Friend Mail

Apologies for last night's nasty post.  It did not get any better.  Trying to sleep was horrible.  I kept going from freezing to super hot.  Got up about 3am feeling like I was going to throw up.  Finally managed to get some sleep between 4-5:30am, but again felt like I had to throw up when I got up for work.  Ugh!  It was horrible!

Today was the last day of class, and we got out of there 45 minutes early.  I'd felt like crap in the morning part of class but it eased up enough for the later part.  I felt great when we got out, so I went to town to take care of a couple quick things then got home about 1pm.  I chitchatted with Casey for a while, and once I sat down to just start enjoying my time off, the icky sickies started creeping back.  Casey last about 2:30pm to go hang out with friends.  I decided to take a quick nap.  I've learned that, for me, very short power naps are best, so that's what I set the alarm for.  When I woke up 30 minutes later I felt 100 times worse again.  WHYYYYY?!  I could not get warm again.  I was super tensed in my neck and shoulders again.  Queasy stomach.  Pounding headache.  WHYYYYYYYYYY?!  I'm supposed to go shopping with a coworker tomorrow but at this rate I don't think I'll make it.

I'm going to try to get up and get active after I post this.  Maybe all those days of sitting crammed in class are the problem.  Or maybe I'll just give up the fight and go to bed and hope for sleep tonight.

On the non-bitchy side of things, today was my last day of work for the year.  Yes, I'm off until Jan. 5, 2016!  This is thanks to my regular schedule's off days, several days off for the holidays, and using up the last of my vacation days.  Yay!  A lot of other people are off too, so there were a lot of "Merry Christmas!" and "Happy New Year!" greeting going around as we left today.  There was some gift exchanges.  I got two birthday presents and Christmas present, but I haven't opened them yet.  Well no, not true.  One of the birthday presents I had to open because the giver wanted to know if it what she'd picked was alright.  But I'll keep what it was a little secret until later.

This same coworker is the one I'm supposed to go shopping with tomorrow.  She wanted to go today since we got done with class early but I wasn't quite feeling up to it today.  I didn't have any money on me either.  We almost went to the Rosegirls store today!!  So we changed the plans to tomorrow and we're going to the outlet mall that I've mentioned wanting to go to.  She says she hasn't been there in years, so it should be fun if my cooties stay away.  There is a BBW outlet AND a Yankee outlet there.

Got another Christmas card in the mail today too.

I got a bit of friend mail the other day.  I'd seen a couple people haul brand new Dollar Tree washi tape designs recently and one of them really caught my eye.  I checked my Dollar Tree but didn't see any, so Jeanie Louise said she'd grab me one.  I've mentioned her before.  She's probably my favorite YouTuber right now.  She lives in Minnesota and she's a Vikings fan!  Anyway, I received the package and was tickled to find she'd sent some extra little goodies.

First though, look at this little jingle bell thingie that was attached to the treat bag.  You can't really see it but there is gold/cream ribbon under the green leaves.  I don't know if she made this or what, but I love it and have looped it over the little holder thing on my Christmas stocking.

These are the tapes she sent.  The gray and yellow polka dot one is the one I'm crazy about.  And she sent two!  That striped one reminds me of old wallpaper.  There is sort of a vintage feel about it.  And the bottom one is Valentines.  That will be excellent if I do decide to make a few cards next year.

She also included more of these little boxes of stickers.  I'd gotten some Halloween ones in the giveaway prize from her.  Now I have some Christmas/winter ones.

And this is the Christmas card she made.  You already know I'm loving the handmade cards this year!

Thank you so much, Jeanie, not only for getting me the requested tape but for all the fun extras you sent with it!  (Of course, I ignored her orders and sent her a little package as thanks.  hehe)

Alrighty, I'm actually feeling a bit better now, sitting her nattering to you and getting my mind of my troubles.  I'm going to get this posted and jump right into some other posts that need to get done before my crabby blahs take over again.  Petals Bath Boutique haul anyone?

How was your Day 16?

4 comments:

  1. Glad you started feeling better! I hope you have fun at the outlets! So sweet of your vlog/blog friend to send you a package. Those tapes are cute! The handmade card is super cute too. You have quite the nice vacation racked up Deb! Way to go! I only have two more days... two more days... two more days....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're off for how long? We'll have to waste time chatting online some of those days. =) YouKnowWho said "candy cang" today. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I've been watching Jeanie Louise since you told me about her and she is so awesome! I love how down to earth she is. :)
    Yay for time off from work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's so dang funny. Some of the things that come out of that girl's mouth seriously crack me up.

      ~Deb

      Delete