Saturday, December 19, 2015

Blogmas - Day 19 / Losing Followers

Feeling a little sad today.  While shopping this morning it seemed like Christmas was over already and I'd missed it.  The shelves are quite picked over already and the Christmas sections are getting compressed, moving the decreasing amounts of decorations and things onto fewer shelves.  I mean, yeah, we are less than a week away, but it just struck me as sad.  It didn't seem like the other shoppers were excited about Christmas anymore, like no one was anxiously picking up wrapping paper or filling carts with gifts.  Are they all like me and have their shopping and wrapping done already?  Is online shopping really taking over?  And once again, I just don't have that holiday mood anymore.  This seems to happen every year.  Sometimes it's worse than other years.  It just really does feel like Christmas came and went while I was looking the other way.

I'm also bummed that two of my blog followers abandoned ship last night.  When I noticed it this morning it was just kinda like 'Bye!  Sorry I'm boring!'  As the day went on though, it's really started to bug me.  I've always thought that of the 100+ followers this blog has, maybe only a handful actually faithfully read it.  This blog has gone through many phases, so it would not surprise me at all if people I picked up in my soap making days have wandered away, or if people who followed farther back when we were friends because of Titanic lost interest long ago.  I'm quite sure most people just don't come here anymore.  But when someone dislikes it enough to actually unfollow, you can't help but wonder why.  It's also happened at a bad time because I've been wondering what will happen after Blogmas.  Will I keep going with daily Natters?  Will I just give up again after Christmas?  So yeah, losing two little followers has kind of derailed me today.

We did get another card in the mail today though, so that was nice.  And the last of the packages that I've been waiting for arrived today so I now have every last gift here and wrapped.  I'll probably make the Special K Bars tomorrow.  Then it's just relax until Christmas.  Maybe I need to go drive around some evening and look at Christmas lights.  Or park my butt on the couch and watch Christmas movies all day.  Hopefully some a spark of Christmas excitement hits me again.

Do you ever feel like this?

4 comments:

  1. I felt that sadness about Christmas the other day, too. I still haven't taken the time to watch some Christmas movies and when I go outside there's no snow or anything that resembles winter outside. Even though this holiday season has been extra long for me I feel blah about it at times. A huge part of that has to do with Michael. Never in my wildest dreams did it occur to me that I might not be able to spend Christmas with him. Even worse, he's all alone in a country with one person (his roommate) that he hangs out with and no family to communicate with. It makes me feel guilty when I do start to enjoy the Christmas spirit over here.
    If you keep up with daily Natters I will most definitely keep reading them! It's become a major part of my day to sit down and write my daily post, then read what other people in my circle have done with their day and comment or continue our little conversations.
    I hope you ended up doing something to help with the Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funk has continued. It's to the point that I considered packing up the decorations today. I didn't though, because even though I'm Grinchy, that doesn't mean hubby and Casey are. And hubby assured me he still feels Christmas-y.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I am sorry Deb. It is flying by.

    Losing followers does stink. It has happened to me quite a bit but then I realize some are just for the giveaway or maybe my content is not for them or whatever. Like Liz, I am totally digging your Blogmas. And future Natters are highly anticipated! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a couple brief moments of Christmas spirit this afternoon when I sat in the darkening living room with no lights on but the twinkling of the tree. Then the moment passed when I had to get right back up and tend supper and laundry.

      ~Deb

      Delete