Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Blogmas - Day 2

Well look at me getting Blogmas done two days in a row!  The is going to be doing it when the mood strikes, instead of waiting for a wrap up post at the end of the day.  Tomorrow I'm back to work though, so I don't know what will happen.

Today is my niece's 27th birthday.  I can't believe she's that old!  That just reminds me how super old *I* am!  Anyway, I sent her a card the other day.  I refuse to do the cheapskate Facebook greetings anymore.  They're especially lame because most people only do it because Facebook has prompted you to do so.  How many people care about me enough to remember my birthday without Mark Zuckerburg having to remind them?  So anyway, it's her birthday, sent her card, hope she has a nice day, blah blah.
She doesn't read my blog.
Not that I know of anyway.

My sister-in-law, that niece's mother, roller her truck on the way to work this morning.  It snowed and froze just enough overnight to make things slick.  She hit an icy spot, lost control, and rolled a couple times.  She has a slight concussion and a cut that needed stitching but it otherwise fine.  That was pretty scary news to get this morning though!
I'm pretty sure she doesn't read my blog either.

I continued writing out Christmas cards this morning.  I ignored the computer (there was nothing happening online anyway) and settled down with episodes of Snapped on the dvr, and Christmas cards, stickers, and washi tapes in front of me.  Sprucing up the envelopes with washi certainly did make the task more time consuming but it was fun too.  The envelopes look so cute!  I got all my cards done and will send them out tomorrow.  I still have some left over.  Who wants a Christmas card from The Fall Slut?

I made a bookmark for myself while I had my tapes and things scattered all over.  I had a scrap piece of cardstock laying there and thought 'Hmmm, that's bookmark size!'  It's quite gaudy, isn't it?  I love it.  My usual bookmark is a few years old now and starting to get worn.  Plus, since I have two books started at the moment, I need an extra bookmark.  I've really been in a reading slump lately.  I haven't even read in almost two weeks now.  The urge is coming back though, so now that I have this overly festive piece of loveliness I think I'll dive back into Magnus Chase tonight.

I was hoping to start wrapping some presents today but I'll probably put that on hold and cut up my Rosegirls muffins instead.  I have a bunch of them in my Christmas scent stash, and I'm more likely to reach for them if I already have them chopped into 1 oz. pieces.  Yep, I think that's what I'll do next today.

How are you on this second day of Blogmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment