Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Blogmas - Day 9

Today was blender training class at work.  Since there is no production this week or next, they're using this downtime to have training for each position.  As a lead person, I'm required to sit through each and every class.  Today was the first of those, and like I said, it was for blenders.

My weird anxiety issues lately had me all worked up about these two weeks.  I don't know why.  I've been through these classes before.  I know all the people involved.  Still, I'd been all stressed this morning.  It turned out to be not that bad.  And I knew it wouldn't be!  So why the weirdness?  Who knows?  We even had some fun.  The team I was on won one of the bingo games, and we won Blender Jeopardy.  Friday they're having part two of the blender class and we'll be having a little Christmas potluck.  Plus, I got out of work at 2pm today.  Woot!

Tomorrow is a much smaller and much shorter class for the janitor position.  It's scheduled for only four hours, but I'm not sure how they'll even get that much.  It's a pretty basic position.

Once I get out of there tomorrow morning I have to go talk to the bank about possibly stopping payment on a check.  Have any of you ever had to do that?  Do they charge fees for that?  We've never had to do it.  I'm not looking forward to it.  Probably a simple process but, yeah, my brain needs something to freak out about at all times so this must be the current thing.

I did manage to hand out the last couple Christmas cards and gifts today while I was at work.  And I did find two Christmas cards in the mail when I got home, so I still have a festive tidbit for the day.  Not much else today, so I'm going to see if there is anything interesting on YouTube and then head to bed.

Did you do anything Christmas-y on your Day 9?

2 comments:

  1. Does watching Lord of the Rings count as Christmas-y? :) I don't even have any new Christmas tarts to melt to help with the Christmas spirit! I want my Dessa's haul, dangit!
    I've didn't have issues the one time I had to stop a check payment, but I'm with USAA and from my experience they do a lot of things differently from other banks. Even so, I've found that talking to any bank in person really makes a lot of the trouble go away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it's simple. One thing about our small town is that our small town bank knows us and we've had accounts and loans and everything there for almost 20 years. I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

      ~Deb

      Delete