Thursday, December 17, 2015

Haul - Haus of Gloi / Bath and Body Products

It seems like forever since I last ordered from Haus of Gloi.  My bloggy cohorts kinda rekindled my interest in handmade bath and body products recently, and since they were talking about Haus of Gloi I decided it was time to revisit.  I got two little candies in my order.  That must be new.  I don't remember them doing that before.  Cool.

Eggnoggin - 'The Haus 'nog!  Cream, sugar, and a shot of dark rum topped with fresh grated nutmeg.'
I've had their whipped soap before, and I'm pretty sure I've had this scent before but maybe not in whipped soap form.  This is 3 oz. of soap for $7.00.

Winter Divinity - 'Sugary white vanilla divinity with a surprising jolt of peppermint.'
I've had their pumpkin butter before too.  It's a thicker cream than their regular lotion.  I don't know if I've had this particular scent though.  It's very strong on the sugary vanilla.  This 2 oz. jar was $5.00.

Troika - 'A trinity of soft milks, almond, oat and coconut, lashed with sweet agave nectar and the ethereal scent of clean white.
Troika, oh Troika!  How I have missed thee!  It's no secret that I love this scent.  It's sweet and gentle and for some weird reason reminds me of my mother during my childhood.  This also a 2 oz. jar of pumpkin butter but this one was only $4.50.  I think that's because it's a regular scent and the other one is a seasonal scent.

Fancy Bread - 'Ripe banana, roasted nuts and brown sugar folded into a delicious quick bread.
As always, they included a sample vial of perfume oil.  I usually just pass these on to others, but they are a nice way to sniff a scent you might not otherwise try.  This one is a really nice banana bread.  It would be fabulous in a wax form but I don't know if I'd like it in body products.

That is my little Haus of Gloi order.  The funny thing is, I didn't even order any Butterbombs, which is the whole reason I'd decided to order anyway.  Maybe they were sold out?  I don't remember.  Oh well, we'll see if I can get into the habit of luxury soaks first before I start stocking up on bath goodies.

I *know* some of you are big Haus of Gloi fans.  So tell me, what have you been loving from them lately?

2 comments:

  1. Haus of Gloi is one of those companies that has been on my radar since before my waxy days, but I've never ended up ordering. I don't know why. Their stuff seems decently priced and their scents are fantastic from what I've read.
    Fantastic haul, though! I should take more inspiration from you in my hauls. I have a horrible habit of going overboard and buying everything I see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do that, always wanted every scent in every option offered. I'm more reasonable now. lol

      Haus of Gloi is one I don't order from much, even though I've been a fan since the earliest days of my own soaping adventures. I think their scents intimidate me sometimes, and I go to a vendor with more simple offerings.

      ~Deb

      Delete