Saturday, December 19, 2015

Melted - BHG / A Wonderful Winter

A Wonderful Winter - 'In this fragrance, icy peppermint shimmers through regal evergreens adorned with glimmering icicles, bright winter citrus and leafy mistletoe.'
 
 First of all, I can't believe I actually found a scent description for this!  I had not known the description when I melted this, and thought there was some kind of berry in it, maybe something like bayberry.  Even now, when I cold sniff what's left in the pack it seems like there is something almost dark or slightly spicy.  The mint and pine might be what's causing me to think there is spice.  They just blend together so seamlessly.  I knew there was something moist or juicy happening in there even before seeing the description, and I think that is what killed this for me.  I think that juicy note, or the phantom berry note comes out more when this is warmed, and then it seemed odd, like there was too much trying to happen in this scent.

I melted just two cubes (about .8 oz. worth) of this in my Glade hot plate warmer and had super strong scent.  Normally I like really strong scents but this one was just a little odd for me, and a softer version might have been better.

2 comments:

  1. Reading that scent description my first thought was "wow, that's a lot going on." I'm like you in that regard. I prefer simpler scents because it seems like the really complex scents lose one or two notes along the line. It kind of destroys the point of using the scent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is an interesting scent, for sure. Even now, when I cold sniff the cubes that are left I think it's not that bad. I have to remind myself it gets all weird when warmed. If you come across it in the store, give it a sniff!

      ~Deb

      Delete