Thursday, December 10, 2015

Melted - Dessa's Homespun Scents / Home For The Holidays

Home For The Holidays - 'Sit by the fire on a cold winter’s night and take in the scents around you. A wonderful blend of fresh wintery balsam pine, Macintosh apples and tart spiced Cranberries fill the air. A Homespun Original House Blend.'
 
Another fabulous holiday scent!  This one is similar to Country Christmas in that it has that warm spiced punch feel to it, but this one has the added twist of the slight pine note.  This one is not quite as warm or as deep as the other one.  There is less spice and the cranberries are quite sweet and bright.  Still, it does fall into that sort of craft store at Christmas type scent category that makes it so nice for this time of year.
 
I melted this 1.4 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had medium-strong scent.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like another good one! I wish I'd picked it up now!

    All of our talking about hot process soaping put the thought in my mind so I'm here watching a batch cook right now. Coconut & Vanilla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, want! Does your family all use your soaps? One of the bummers when I was making soap was that most people around me didn't want to give up body washes for bar soaps.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Yes! Whenever I get ready to make a soap I get swarmed with scent and shape requests. I never have to worry about what I'm going to make. That decision is taken from me :P
      My parents really like the whole handmade concept and knowing what exactly is in the products they are using.

      Delete
    3. I guess I can't complain about others not wanting to use bar soaps, since I've gone back to retail body washes myself.

      I was looking at all the oils again this morning, marveling at what's all available at Walmart these days. I told hubby I might start playing around again, and now I can play with formulas more easily too.

      ~Deb

      Delete