Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Melted - Dessa's Homespun Scents / Gingerbread House

Gingerbread House - 'Fresh from the oven, sweet & spicy homemade fresh gingerbread blended with ground cinnamon, fresh vanilla bean, ginger & sticky molasses. A Homespun Original House Blend.'
 
This is a really dark, and spicy type of gingerbread scent, not at all like the sweeter cookie type that I prefer.  I couldn't even leave it melting very long because it was just to heavy and spicy for me.
 
I melted this 1.4 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had super strong scent in the short amount of time I let it melt.  I suspect it would have settled down into a medium-strong scent after a while, as I've found Dessa's tarts often seem to do.

12 comments:

  1. Bummer that this didn't work for you. I'm eagerly awaiting my own order from Dessa. I picked up a few Christmas scents that I can't wait to try. Country Christmas I'm looking at you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Will you do a haul post? Can't wait to see what you got. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Yes!! I keep obsessively checking the tracking so I know when exactly it will arrive and I can take pictures!
      I also have a Brambleberry order coming. I have sooo much soap I want to make when that stuff arrives! EEEEEK!

      Delete
    3. Have you made hot process soap? I never have but would like to try some day.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    4. That's my favorite thing to do when I don't want to have to worry about cure time for soap and don't plan to do any sort of design that requires cold process. I know it's considered more advanced but I find it easier than CP. You just have to keep an eye on the soap and make sure you don't overfill whatever container you have the soap cooking in.

      Delete
    5. Do you do the crockpot method?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    6. Yes :) I make all of my soaps in a crock pot just in case a soap reacts weird and I have to switch to a hot process method. I picked up a cheapo crock pot from a nearby Goodwill that has a detachable cooking pot when I first started making soap and it's done me well since then. Now that I'm starting to make larger batches I may have to look out for a larger one, though.

      Delete
    7. Duh me. I thought you'd been doing cold process all this time.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    8. Well the one's I've been showing on my blog have been CP. I don't think I have any hot process soaps at this time. It's been several months and the last batch I made was for a friend who loves handmade soaps.

      Delete
  2. I think I have this one coming upon my next basket. Sorry to hear it was too dark for you. It does smell way deeper than a cookie on cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious to hear what you think of it, when you get to it. I don't remember being this picky about gingerbread scents in the past.

      ~Deb

      Delete