Sunday, December 20, 2015

Melted - Dessa's Homespun Scents / Peppermint Bark

Peppermint Bark - 'A layer of bold dark chocolate layered with smooth white chocolate, covered in crushed peppermint candy canes.'

I've said it before, that I'm not a fan of chocolate scents for home fragrance.  Apparently adding mint to it though, makes it okay for me because here is another that I really enjoyed.  The chocolate might be a bit stronger than the mint in this but there is a creaminess that just blends the two together seamlessly.  It reminds me of a hot cocoa scent.

I melted this 1.4 oz. tart in my Glade hot plate warmer and had strong, but not overwhelming, scent.

This one will probably go on my holiday must-have list!

4 comments:

  1. The scent description makes this sound wonderful but I've been stung one too many times by a false claim of wonder from peppermint bark. Maybe I'll have to add this one to my list to break the streak!
    I also have a fragrance oil in this scent and I can't figure out if I like it or not. The peppermint is too strong in the bottle for me to pick out any other notes, and I'm afraid of making an entire batch of soap smell weird if it doesn't behave well. Maybe I'll just make a baby batch... your post has me wanting to try this out now LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm digging the choco-mint scents right now. I have an OLD pack of BHG Chocolate Peppermint Truffle that I've finally dipped into, and I'm loving it. This pack has to be at least two years old and it's still throwing like a champ. I wish they'd still have this scent!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, peppermint bark. Completely un-wax related, but do you make peppermint bark? I may try my hand in it today! You still having good luck with Dessa? I have been contemplating another order soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't make peppermint bark. I made some really cool chocolate-peppermint snowflakes years ago. I should post that recipe for Blogmas!

      These Christmas scents from Dessa's have been darn good. This particular one went ALL DAY and was still strong. You know, curing and all... *snort*

      ~Deb

      Delete