Friday, December 18, 2015

Melted - Mainstays / Evergreen Spruce

Evergreen Spruce - [no scent description]

I like a good ol' Christmas tree scent in December but I can only take it in small, lighter doses, just enough to jog the mind into holiday mode.  I've also found that some 'Christmas tree' scents smell way better to me than others.  Of course, I can never remember which I like best.  Is it spruce?  Is it pine?  Are they the same dang thing?  I never know.  This was nice, rather on the sweet side, but way too strong for me.

Since this is one of the newer, smaller (shallower) clamshells that only contains 1.25 oz. of wax, I melted the whole pack in my Glade hot plate warmer and had chokingly strong scent.  I let it go for a while, thinking that initial burst of strength would simmer down but no, that sucker stayed strong.  If I were to get this again I'd probably only melt a very small amount in my tea light warmer and probably get an easier to tolerate light background scent.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like something I would like, besides how strong it is. I like my pines sweet! Otherwise they start taking on a lemony note that reminds me of a generic cleaner the army always buys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought another pack the other day. I saw that there were some left and just automatically grabbed one. I'll probably tuck it away for next year though, because we have the 719 Walnut Avenue pine candle that we're working through now as Christmas creeps closer.

      ~Deb

      Delete