Sunday, December 13, 2015

Melted - Sonoma / Gingerbread House

Gingerbread House - [no scent description]

Gingerbread is another scent I like to have for the Christmas season but I'm finding this year that I've become picky about them.  The dark and heavily spiced versions aren't doing it for me.  I much prefer the sweeter type, like a frosted cookie or sweetened house type.  This one from the Sonoma brand is sort of in between.  It was still quite spicy, but it did seem to be a little softer and sweeter.  There was also a sort of tangy note to this.  Not sure what that was from but it was interesting.  I still prefer a little softer gingerbread scent but I would probably get this again if I had a chance.

I melted three cubes (about 1.2 oz. worth) in my Glade hot plate warmer and had super strong scent.  Maybe a lesser amount in my tea light warmer would have been a little easier to handle.  Still, I did enjoy this one.

(This was gifted to me.)

8 comments:

  1. OK, you're batting a thousand with the Sonoma melts! Very encouraging!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the only two I have though. Maybe Santa will bring me more. =) But yes, I have been impressed with these.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I was worried about this one because it had a slight perfumed ginger note but I thought I would leave it up to you to try <3 glad it wasn't a bust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first pulled it out of the box I was leery because of the bad luck I've had with gingerbread scents this year. I gave it a shot though, and I'm glad I did! Thanks again for sending it. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed this one! It's nice to see you having pretty good luck with these tarts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many that I see at other stores that I just never bother to try. It appears I'm missing out on some good stuff! Good thing I have all you wax pushers to open my eyes to these things. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. Oooh, this sounds like something that's right up my alley! The more I read about what you melt and like the more I think that we must be scent twins. We have a LOT of similar tastes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. This will make box swaps much easier! LOL! Although, you like lavender and I'm very iffy on that one.

      ~Deb

      Delete