Thursday, December 17, 2015

Walmart Beauty Box - Winter 2015

I received my Walmart Beauty Box for Winter 2015 the other day.  I was super excited about one thing, but the box kinda sucks over all this time, and I'm not sure I want to stick with it.

For those who don't know, the Walmart Beauty Box is a "free" subscription box and you only pay $5.00 shipping.  It is a quarterly (seasonal) box, not monthly.  You get a handful of sample or travel sized products, as well as several coupons, and there is even the occasional full sized product.  There is a slight variance in boxes depending on your age group, but within your group things seem to be pretty much the same in everyone's box.

Let's take a look at the Winter 2015 box!

This is the one thing I was excited to see.  I've been eyeing this brand, these products for some time now and have just never bought any.  Honestly, I'm not even sure what the brand is.  It says 'NSPA by Nirvana Spa' on it, and it's made in the UK.  Anyway, this is coconut body butter, and you know I'm all about lotions and butters.  The scent is very sweet coconut, sugary and almost perfume-y.  Not sure how I feel about that yet.  I have not tried the actual product yet.

A 2.25 oz. can of Pure Silk shave cream in Raspberry Mist.

A 1 oz. can of Pantene hair spray.  I enjoy Pantene 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner but I don't think I've ever tried their hair spray.

A sample pack of Centrum's new Vitamints.  I stopped taking daily multivitamins when I started eating Luna bars.  My Walmart isn't carrying Luna bars now, so I might go back to taking vitamins because I haven't found another nutrition bar that I like, or that is as complete as the Luna ones.  There is also a $1.00 coupon on this sample.

A little foil packet sample of Burt's Bees Renewal - Intensive Firming serum.  It seems like this has been in the Beauty Box before.  If not this, something very similar.  I always feel these little foil packets aren't enough to see any results.

Clairol Root Touch Up 'find your color' cards, and a $2.00 coupon.  I don't color my hair, so I'll use the little key ring for something and leave the coupon in the store for someone else.

I'm almost positive there has been a Jennifer Aniston perfume sample in the box before.  Does she have more than one?  Maybe this is different then, but I know there has been one from her before.  This is just a little rub on foil packet and a $3.00 coupon.

A L'Oreal Paris True Match swatch card and $1.00 coupon.  You're supposed to peel those little sticker strips off and stick them right on your skin so you can find your best color.  I don't wear makeup, but I can see how this might be a helpful little idea.  Maybe I'll hang onto that and stick in it a friend mail for someone who is interested.

A little foil packet sample and $3.00 coupon for Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream Moisturizer.  Wow, that's a mouthful.  It says 'Fades the look of dark spots in 8 weeks!'  Yeah, but this little foil packet is barely enough to use once, so how will I know those claims work?

A $3.00 coupon for any Roc anti-aging product.
A $5.00 coupon for Women's Rogaine.
And a little booklet with instructions on how to get some Star Wars looks with Covergirl products, and a $3.00 coupon.  I will leave all of these in the store for someone else to use.

So yeah, not a very exciting box when it's mostly coupons.  I've heard other people complain about this and in past have thought they were being whiny.  But now I'm starting to agree, especially when it's mostly coupons and the few actual items are repeats.  I'm not sure if I'll stay subscribed and hope the next box it better, or just cancel it now.  I'll have to think of that for a bit.

If you're interested in any of the coupons or foil packet samples, let me know.  I'll gladly send them your way.  I also have things from other boxes set aside too, like makeup products that I won't use.

Are you a Walmart Beauty Box subscriber?
Do you think it should be more than coupons?







2 comments:

  1. I need to make sure I'm putting more lotions and body butter on my skin since I'm getting ready to go into a very cold and dry climate. I'm so bad about remembering, though. Oops.
    Pure silk has decent shaving creams but sometimes the scent stays too long on me. Raspberry Mist pits are nice smelling and all but I have deodorant for that :)
    I'm weird about makeup, hair and body stuff. I know so much about the products but never use it on myself. I talk about makeup like beauty bloggers and youtubers but don't wear any myself. I made my mom and sister some simple whipped body butter and even set aside a small container for myself but I've not used it in the month and a half since I made it... I guess the answer is no, I'm not a Walmart Beauty Box subscriber :)
    I feel like a lot of those coupons you would be able to find in the weekly newspaper ads that I always get in my mail. Hardly worth $5 if you get sample sized products that you don't see yourself using.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed one box because of a payment issue. They took FOREVER in notifying me and responding, and when they finally did I debated just letting the subscription drop. But then I decided to try one more box, just to see if it got better. And after that one, I decided "just one more" in case it got better. Well, now I'm facing that again. Try one more and hope for better, or just let it drop and go to McDonalds with that $5 I saved. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete