Thursday, January 7, 2016

Band of Bloggers - Vol. 1 / Jan. 2016

Welcome to the revamped version of Order of the Odor.  We've reorganized and are expanding our monthly topics beyond just all things smelly.  We hope you visit each member's blog to see their contribution each month, and we hope you participate too by leaving your own answers in the comments.

To kick off a new year and a new group effort, we asked . . . 
What vendor (wax or anything) are you MOST excited to order from this year?

 For me, it's probably Lush and Rosegirls.  Fellow bloggers Julie and Liz are evil Lush enablers, and I've already placed three orders during their sale.  I'm still a Lush noob and their high prices scare me, but maybe I can learn to pamper myself once in a while.  My choice of Rosegirls might seem odd since I'm quite vocal about the long TAT frustrations.  I've just found myself getting curious all over again after melting some of their chunks recently, and with the fact that they're not having a custom blends opening this time.  I think they said they're going to up the amount of house blends available in bags this time, or something like that, and are hoping that by not doing customs they'll be able to keep orders rolling out and TAT down.  I'm also thinking of visiting the Rosegirls store for myself more than just shopping for others.

---------------------------------------------------

Please visit these Band of Bloggers blogs
and help support the blogger community!

Lauren, at Lolo Loves Scents.
Liz, at Furianne
Michelle, at Waxing About.
Sunnee, at Fragrance Obsessed.

Thank you, and have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. Good for you Deb! On both counts: pampering yourself and shopping RG just for you without the hassle of personal shopping. Can't wait to hear what you think about your Lush goodies once they arrive. Hoping Jenny stocks some old fave house blends. But next month.... Next month. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how often I'll go to RG just for myself, but when I go for you guys I think I'll start actually getting more for myself while I'm there. Hopefully. My cheap side might continue to talk me out of such things. lol I need to start following the group again to keep up on new scents and whatnot.

      I just checked and my Lush (US) order is out for delivery right now! Heeeee!

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I agree wholeheartedly with Julie! I hope you will be ridiculously indulgent with Rosegirls this year. It always feels like such a treat when you go for us, I would love for you to feel that excitement for yourself.
      Your Lush order! I can NOT wait to see it.

      Delete
    3. The order that's arriving today is the tiny one. The two UK orders are much more interesting. Any idea how long the UK orders take to get here?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    4. I heard a couple weeks but that was during the holidays. I imagine it would be about the same. Jenny is pumping out new blends. But I have not been paying as close attention as I usually do.

      Delete
    5. I started 'following' the RG group again yesterday to keep up on news and new blends, but I immediately remembered why I stopped following. I really don't care about the endless posts of who is melting what today. Ugh. Is there a way to weed it out and only get Jenny's posts?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Buahahaha, I'm okay with being an evil Lush enabler. I know what you mean about the scary high prices though. That's why until this year I had never bought anything that wasn't part of Lush's BOGO sale.
    I agree with Julie - you need to pamper yourself!!
    If you're just wanting Jenny's posts in the group the only way would be to add her as a friend and change your notifications to friends' posts. If not, try highlights. Some more popular posts like hauls or controvertial questions might make their way to your notifications feed but it also pretty much guarantees that all of Jenny's posts will make it to you without you having to friend her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you ever use the Lush shampoo bars? I was watching one of my YouTubers talk about them this morning. She had one that is shampoo and conditioner in one. Hmmm.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Hmm I didn't know RG had restructured their way of business, will have to pop into their group more often. I click "show fewer posts", you can do it right on the notification. It doesn't gaurantee showing only Jenny's posts but it does weed out a lot of melt posts and shows the more popular / comments on posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll just switch back to not following and get news updates from waxy bloggy friends. ;-)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. It's nice Rosegirls is switching the number of house blends they make, but no custom orders? Boo. Their samplers are rather outrageously expensive. I, like Michelle, stopped following their group page a while back when I was trying to avoid temptation. Are you still peeking around at Lush, even though you placed an order?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did order a sampler this time, but it was the high price that had me debating so hard. Hopefully there are some fun new (to me) blends in there that I can look for in future store runs.

      I haven't looked at the Lush site since ordering. I'm looking at the things I got so far and am slightly overwhelmed. LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete