Thursday, January 21, 2016

Haul - Lush (UK)

My evil enabler bloggy friends twisted my arm and forced me to spend my Christmas money on some Lush stuff.  Being a Lush noob, I just kinda grabbed some of the Boxing Day Sale stuff from the UK site (US was constantly sold out of things I might have wanted to try) and decided that if I couldn't get into a habit of using bath goodies at least I knew other people who would.  lol

I placed two small orders on January 1, and the packages came over time . . . three packages total with the last one arriving January 19.  And since I finally have everything I ordered, I can go ahead and do this haul.  I haven't used any of these things, I know next to nothing about them, so I'm pretty much just going to show them.  You guys all probably know more about Lush than I do anyway.  =P

The 'It's Christmas Deer' tin came in a neat retro looking Rudolph cookie tin.  It included Snowcake soap, Beautiful shower gel, Karma Kream body lotion, Golden Wonder bath bomb, and that Magic of Christmas bubble bar that I'd been wanting since I saw it in a haul back around Thanksgiving.  I'm not too sure about the Beautiful shower gel, because it looks like it has glitter in it.  I'm willing to give everything else a try though.

Snow Fairy's Castle came in this cute cardboard box, decorated to look like . . . a castle.  It included Fairy Dust dusting powder, Snow Fairy shower gel, a So White bath bomb, and a Magical Wand bubble bar.  Not sure about the dusting powder in this one.  Do people really still use powder?  Enlighten me, Lushies!

The Little Snow Fairy box included more Snow Fairy shower gel, and 'pink fun,' which says it is a 4-in-1 product.  It can be used as a solid shampoo, soap, bubble bar, or bathtime play by shaping the playdoh-y material into fun shapes.  It'll probably be a bubble bar for me.

And finally, the Fire Cracker box, which was least interesting to me but I grabbed it anyway because if I'm going to get hooked on Lush I might as well explore as many options as I can, right?  This one has The Experimenter bath bomb, Candy Mountain bubble bar, and Intergalactic bath bomb.  Apparently The Experimenter has popping candy inside.  That might be entertaining.

Well there you go!  I'm kind of excited to try these now that they're all here!  Do you see any of your own favorites in here?  Something you have yet to try?  Have you tried the 'fun' doughy stuff?  What about the dusting powder?

Which should I try first?!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Deb, this is fantastic. The snow fairy box is adorable! Post as soon as you try something, I say give one of the bath bombs a go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the Magic of Christmas bubble bar wand, and tried the Karma Kream lotion today. =)
      I doubt I'll blog about them though, since I'm in an anti-blog funk (AGAIN) at the moment.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. DEB! The Deer and Firecracker ones are the two I picked. Cannot wait to get them (one day). You chose some fabulous products. The girls love the Fun play-doh. They mainly use it for play then washing. I like it for bubble baths. Not what I would call a great shampoo though. Use your Christmas wand!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird that yours haven't come yet. Hopefully they show up soon.

      I used my Christmas wand today!

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Was it as nice as it sounded?! Did you like Karma?

      Delete
    3. I'm just not a bath lounger. I managed to sit there for maybe 10 minutes, and that was forcing things. I didn't smell anything. There were tons of bubbles but, I don't know, it just did nothing for me. =(

      I didn't care much for the Karma Kream either. I'm undecided on the scent, and the lotion itself did nothing for my hands.

      I guess I'm just not a Lushie, and I knew that, and I don't know what made me think I'd become one now. =(

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. *evil enabler laugh* Join the dark side, where we take luxurious baths and pamper ourselves! :)

    Firecracker sounds like a lovely box! I wish we'd had it at the local store when I went.

    Michael really likes the Fun bubble/soap/whatever it is stuff because of the playdough factor. Also the one he picked up doesn't have glitter everywhere so he won't look like Edward and Jacob popped out a Native American vampire baby when he's done with his baths.

    I'm glad to hear that you're using these! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using the Snow Fairy shower gels but beyond that, I think I've accepted that Lush is just not for me. =(

      ~Deb

      Delete