Friday, January 8, 2016

Haul - Lush (US)

Did you know that my waxy bloggy friends are evil enablers?  This time is was Lush they twisted my arm and shoved my face into.  I've had a Lush fascination for years.  Actually, I think the fascination is more with the people who love Lush.  The prices are so ungodly high in this cheap person's eyes.  Yet there are so many people who just love and swear by Lush products.  I don't know that I'll ever get to the point of being a regular Lush shopper, but maybe I can learn to treat myself once in a while.  Since I had some Christmas money to spend, why not start teaching myself that now?

This was the first, and smallest, of three orders I placed recently.
So let's take a look at what I got from the US website.

This is the Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment luxury bath melt.  The website says it's part bath melt, part bath bomb.  I can't really find any scent description, but to me it smells something like strawberry bubble gum.  (3.5 oz., $7.95)

I got a Butterball bath bomb because it seemed simple and safe for a Lush noob like me.  It has a light vanilla scent.  (3.1 oz., $4.95)

This is the Creamy Candy bubble bar.  The website says it smells like vanilla and cotton candy.  It's not as sweet as the other two products, and there seems to be a faint almost rubbery scent to it.  I hope it doesn't smell like rubber in the tub.  (3.5 oz., $7.60)

I also received this free .6 oz. sample of Sandstone soap.  The site says it is a 'Brazilian cocktail soap for cleansing, exfoliating, and toning.'  It is very soft and has a very perky scent.  Citrus, perhaps?  Almost zesty or effervescent?  It's very bright and energizing, whatever it is.

That's my little noobie haul.  I chose one of each of the three big bath products (a melt, a bomb, and a bubble bar) to see if I prefer any more than others.  Now I just have to make myself USE the dang things!  I've had a few Lush products in the past and always ended up giving them away because I just never get around to using them.  I'm not a bath soaker.  I'm a shower and get going in the morning girl.  Our bathroom is tiny, our tub is small, and just not an inviting place to lounge around in luxury.  It's going to take some effort on my part to hopefully change this attitude.

So tell me, all you Lush experts, how much of these bad boys am I supposed to use at a time.  I've heard many people say they chop these things up.  We have hard water, if that matters.  And like I said, our tub is small.  Any advice is appreciated!  lol

What are some of your Lush must-haves?

4 comments:

  1. ROUND OF APPLAUSE! Welcome to the Lush world Deb :)

    Now. Grab a candle, clear some space in your tiny bathroom and soak in a hot bath.

    .....I always use the whole product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've dipped my foot into the Lush world before. I did place one order years ago, but I think that post is long gone since my crazy mass deleting last year.

      There will be no soaking today. Maybe next week, one of my next days off. =P

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I at the very least cut everything I use for the tub in half. If the product is cooperative I try to chop it up even more. Bath bombs I can get away with 1/2-1/4 of it per use. Bubble bars really depends on your tub size and water pressure. I used 1/4 of the creamy candy bubble bar in my tub and got insane bubbles, so it was perfect for me but if you have lower water pressure you might need a bit more for good bubbles. That melt can definitely be cut in 1/2 if by itself, smaller if you're using it alongside a bubble bar and bath bomb. Hard/soft water hasn't made a large difference in my experience.

    I find that it's easier for me to take baths when it's cold outside. That never happens in Texas so I had issues taking a bath there, but here it's perfectly chilly for me to take an evening, or morning, or whenever I feel like it bath and feel all wintery with my drink, preferably a hot chocolate and water. Make sure you bring a big glass of water with you to the tub! Even if it's a short bath, you don't want to get dehydrated!

    All of my must-haves are bubble bars because I love me some bubbles. I'm trying to work up the courage to bite the bullet on one of their shampoo bars to see if it's really worth all the hype but oh my that price scares me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just watching a video this morning about the shampoo bars. The girl had one that is shampoo and condition in one. That's what I'd want, the 2-in-1 kind!

      Still haven't used any of my stuff. With the crappy end to our football season, I should go sulk in the tub for a while. *sigh*

      ~Deb

      Delete